damn, I wish I wouldn't have sold...

Vehicles
  • 1959 Chevy Apache - 4-headlight, wrap-around window, full factory chrome package. My boss threatened to fire me for selling it.
  • 1959 MGA
  • 1968 VW bug
  • 1972 Triumph Daytona T100R

Guns

I used to accept guns on trade. I'm not even into guns, but I can be wowed by any pretty piece of machinery. I never once fired some of these, nor bought ammo. I know, I'm weird. :laugh:
  • AR-15 Carbine, collapsible, pre-assist. I thought it looked badass.
  • Weatherby .308 w/Leupold scope. Gave it away feeling generous (some would say stupid). This is more of a "wish I'd sold instead" - I could use the XS650 parts money.
  • S&W .357 Nickel revolver. Another give-away, to my mother because she said she wanted one for protection. When she died, it was nowhere to be found. I think someone talked her out of it. :mad:

Other stuff
  • Old Town Discovery canoe. My ex talked me into selling it to pay a bill that we could have paid in installments instead. Expensive canoe sold for way too little.
  • Raleigh Elkhorn hybrid bike. BMW-smooth daily rider. Gave it to my neighbor's daughter for her high-school graduation present, after consulting with her mother. She loved the bike and borrowed it a lot, so generous me... It's till in her mother's basement and she's now a senior in college. She never even took it to her school. The only gift I've ever given that I've considered asking to have back.
  • Shure studio microphone. This is the kind of thing that I wouldn't buy again (at least $1,000), but would use if I had it still. There should be a hotline to call if you're thinking about selling or trading something on impulse.

Last edited:
My 1952 Panhead....my 1947 Knucklehead.....my 1942 45 trike and the 45 WLA.....my 1972 VW auto/stickshift yellow bug .......my 2 1951 Chevy coupes......my 2 1965 Ford Fairlane 2dr hdtps....my 1948 Ford F1 pickup......my Triumph chopper....my 1975 FLH dresser......my 1970 Triumph 250 single.....cripes , I could go all day......I regret a lot of sales....Kev.

57 Chevy convertable, black w/black top, finder skirts, 283 quad w/powerglide. 1890's Mauser 7mm, 1911 Colt .45 auto (surplus, new). Yamaha RD 350 Cafe (before cafe's were cool). All sold back in the day at fractions of what they are worth today.

At the end of 98/99 I had enough left over parts to build maybe two complete bikes, frames, forks, wheels, wiring harnesses, air boxes, a perfect blue and white tank, etc and stuff. I had sold my last 2 running XS's. There was no local activity with XS650's so I though "It was a long run, it was fun but it's time has passed". I really didn't think I would ever need the stuff. Classified ad in newspaper, sold everything for $100. Figured I was lucky to get rid of it. Damn....

First on my list: I wish I still had my Hodaka Super Rat. Restored it from a basketcase, when my marriage started unraveling I needed to raise some cash quick so I sold it.

At the same time and for the same reason I also sold my ~1/3 completed rotary powered Opel GT. The engine was in, the front suspension and steering were done, the rear suspension was almost completed. After all that hard dirty work was completed the rest would have been smooth sailing. I parted it out and tripled my money but that wasn't the point.

My 1965 Falcon Futura. Six banger, three on the tree. Nothing exotic, just my first car. First car I got laid in, too. :D

My second Fiat X 1/9. 1981, fuel injected, nice fun little car. Made money off it but was sad to see it go. But it served a purpose: putting cash in hand toward my current 1974 Jensen Healey which will probably serve as my coffin. I wanted one ever since high school, now that I have one it's not real likely to get away.

EDIT: Carbon's list includes something that made me think: 1963 model 5'8" 140 pound blue eyed brunette. She lives in another city, but I saw her about seven months ago. Still a stunner at age 50 and yes there's a spark, but she's in a LTR. If I knew then what I know now... :( Then there's the 1964 model 5'4" 110 pound blue eyed blonde that needs to count herself lucky that I didn't take her completely to the cleaners. That one can stay the fuck gone. :mad:

Back