Deer whistle

retiredgentleman

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe this is a dumb question? I just bought a package of the Bell, Deer warning whistle. It comes with 2 whistles. Are the 2 whistles meant for 2 vehicles, or do I mount both whistles on my bike. Are they perhaps 2 different frequencies??

Copied from an amazon ad.
  • Produces two separate and unique frequencies to warn animals away

I knew a guy who's favorite twisty ride was a circuit through Manitoba's Whiteshell Provincial Park.
Because that Park is a major Whitetail deer habitat he stuck a pair of deer whistles on his bike.
After he hit his third deer he took 'em off again.

I should have done more research before buying the deer whistle. Its does seem that the majority of research shows that these whistles do not prevent deer collisions. Thanks all for your wise comments. I have my receipt, so I'm returning the product to my place of purchase (local store........Canadian Tire)

2 hours ago I missed a deer that sprinted in front of me out of nowhere by less than 2 feet. Didn't even have time to hit front brake, just bought 3/10 second with rear brake.

With deer it's not if but when. I've hit one and narrowly missed several.

Most roads in rural areas were and are still game trails. They were here before us, they will be here after us.

Back