Dellorto PHF 36mm pumpers.

BigBoreSwede

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello.

Now I´m going for some new carbs. I´ve been thinking about it for some time now and read as much as possible about all the good and bad when it comes to stock BS34, PWK 32, VM 34 and so on.

To me it seems either you keep your stock carbs that works fine most of the time or you go get yourself some proper 4-stroke tune-up carbs.

With that said I´m now wondering if anyone has any experience of the Dellorto PHF 36 carbs??
I´m running 750 Wiseco pistons, free flow exhaust and are about to mount a ported head this winter to come.

Thanks/BigBoreSwede

I will be able to give you more experience with them once I'm finished with mine, but right now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to run for a throttle cable for them as I'm running 15" ape hangers. I was thinking about running Part #48-7015 to get rid of the need to loop the cables around the seat post and give me the room and clearance I need. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Jimmy, I have no idea why guys shy away from cable fabrication; it ain't rocket science. Go to www.flandersco.com , order some 1.5 mm. cable (wire), cable ends, conduit (cable sheath), ferrules (conduit caps), and a splitter. Measure the free length (length of cable uncovered by conduit) that you'll need, cut your conduit sections with a cutoff wheel on a rotary tool (Dremel, etc.), buy a bottle of Ruby Fluid flux or tinner's flux and a roll of 60/40 solid core solder. Thread on an end and spread the wire behind it to form a good solder block. In well-ventilated space heat solder in a small metal vessel until it flashes bright (but not until it boils). Have a pair of pliers ready to lift your little crucible with in case you need to handle it. Dip wire and end in flux, then dip in melted solder so that solder covers the end and hold for 20-30 seconds. Assemble conduit with ferrules and the adjuster/elbow from your old cable, slide cable through, and solder on the remaining end. Rinse off excess flux with water and clean up ends with a file if needed. It's really that simple.

Sounds good to me Griz. If there's an easier way that isn't much a diff in price then of course I would prefer that. However, I'm ok with this route as well.

Back