Wanted - Disc brake swingarm and rear brake setup

proeliator

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Edit: I found a rear brake setup and swingarm from a member a while back. Thanks to all who replied.

I am looking to (buy or trade for) a swing arm for a rear disc brake swap, as well as the
- rear disc.
- rear caliper and its mounting bracket.
- master cylinder.
- reservoir.
- pivot for the rear brake pedal (that's the splined piece that goes through the frame).

I have a drum swing arm complete with all parts that you could swap onto your bike for drum brakes, perhaps someone wants to trade straight across. Everything is in great shape no rust.
I also have a bunch of stock xs650 take off parts, spoke rear wheel with drums, shocks, fenders, gauges, seat, handlebars, controls, headlight etc.

let me know what you've got.

273_zps781380df.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what I have-

Swingarm(acid dipped raw for pain or coat, bronze bushings with honed grease fitting), rear brake, brake stay, brand new slingshot cycles brake line, reservoir and brake light actuator setup. You can pm, I have pics, make offer

if you want disc brake and spokes I'll show you one way to do it . you may have to PM or mail to get my attention .

~kop

Thanks for the offer, but I have an Omar's kit so I am going 19" mag wheels front and rear and just need the parts for the disc swap.

Here is what I have-

Swingarm(acid dipped raw for pain or coat, bronze bushings with honed grease fitting), rear brake, brake stay, brand new slingshot cycles brake line, reservoir and brake light actuator setup. You can pm, I have pics, make offer

PM'd

Still hoping to trade straight across if anyone is interested in a drum brake setup, I could throw in the drum/spoke rear wheel to sweeten the deal.

If I remember right there is no cush drive in Omar's rear hub ...
19" front and rear is the bright way to do things . Ask me how I know :-/
Sry I don't have an extra disc swinger .
I expect pics of the wheel build ;-)

~kop

Specs on your spoked drum rear? size? tire? condition and pics? I have a complete disk setup including clean swingarm and have powder coating service if need be. Really looking for a set of shouldered aluminum wheels or 16" drum spoke with good rubber and don't really need the drum swing arm, just drum assembly. Also, looking for rear 16" mag with drum if you have one. PM is welcomed, have tons of pics.

Looks like a good project! do you still have the front fender? I'm looking for one with good to great chrome, no dents or scrapes.

No longer need a swingarm and rear brake setup.

All PMs replied.

gggary, I do still have the front fender but the chrome isn't in great shape. I will likely use it as a mold for a carbon fiber setup and/or let it go for cheap.

Hey,

Wondering if you have the drum brake pivot (not the one on the drum hat, the one that goes through the frame that the pedal attaches to). I'm looking for one.

I also need the spool spacer for the rear wheel, if you have it.

Kop...

I do. I do want the "magic" solution. In all seriousness, I've read a million ideas here and elsewhere on the best way to go about this. I've got a '79 Special II...drum brake on rear.
I want to build a street tracker, and I gotta have the 19" rear/disc setup. What do I do?
Radian swingarm? Harley hub laced to a 19" hoop? conversion kit? ARRRRGH!

It's all good. God knows I'd do it myself...If I were only a machinist with tools...

Can you help me?

Any Ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

Back