Disc diameter

Tim L

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have got a question. It may be a dumb question but here goes.
I bought an XS650 in boxes on e bay. The front wheel had a 300 mm disc.
I have just bought a wheel with 2 discs to do a twin disc conversion. The discs are 260mm.
I have also bought a set of XS750 calipers.
I am being a bit stupid I guess but did the XS have two different sized discs with different models?

Tim.

Yes, the Special had a single 297 mm disc, the Euro roadster model had twin 267 mm discs (as did the XS750). You need to match your fork lowers to the correct sized discs.

BTW probably easier to get another 297 mm disc, then should be able to use the XS750 caliper to convert to twin disc. Larger discs should give better braking, and you can always drill them to lose a little of that unsprung weight :)

Sounds like a good plan.
I am now looking for two 297mm discs for my front end and one for the back.
The previous owner drilled the discs I have himself and he needs his eyesight checked as all the holes are different sizes and none of them are in line.
His drilling is as good as BP's.
So, has anyone got any discs for sale.
This roadster project is going to get expensive!!!!!

My extra disc came from an autojumble and was allegedly off an XS1100 (early model - the later ones were thinner and slotted). I assume these are SE mag wheels? - the front smaller disc is IIRC the same as the single rear, i.e 267 mm. Only mag wheels came with a rear disc. What is your plan for the bike?

I have bitten the bullet and gone to a breaker for the discs and axles.
Cost a small fortune but I need to make some progress if I want to be on the road next summer.

Back