Disconnect the fuel "T", how?

speedjunkie

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Im about to ultrasonic clean my carbs but since tha cleaning bath is so small ill have to disconnect the 2 carbs. Is there any easy way for this or will i end up in a broken or leaking fuel T?
Plz help!

Forgot the picture

Attachments

• DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 184
Hi speedjunkie,
the Tee just plugs into the carb bodies, pull the carbs apart and the Tee will unplug itself from one of the carbs and can be pull out of the other.
And yes it's kinda old and frail so be gentle with it.

Thanks alot, fredintoon!
Yes that was really easy.
Another question? How do i get rid of all washing moist from the carb best after cleaning?
?
Dont have any pressure air!

WD40 will dissipate water.

A can of carb cleaner, (use eye protection a face-mask and gloves), and cans of compressed air are available if you don't have a compressor

When you re-assemble the carbs on their brackets, you'll need to gently clamp them together, enough so the fuel T can't be easily rotated by hand. Then tighten the top and bottom connecting brackets .....

Fuel-T-Install.jpg

Do i press the fuel T to the bottom when i re assemble?
Because it feels that it was possible to push it a little bit longer into the hole than before.

Gently clamp the carbs together, fuel T in place and connecting brackets installed loose. Try to rotate the T by hand. Clamp enough so it won't do so easily. If you don't do this, it will leak.

Back