DMV !

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last year the state of Minnesota spent a kazillion dollars (millions... lots of millions) to upgrade the DMV.. Department of Motor Vehicles. Of course is was a complete and utter failure… people couldn't get cars registered.. licensed... no " enhanced drivers license ".
But they claim it's all peachy keen now.. except the " enhanced " license.... I get my renewals for the bikes in the mail... but not all. I post the renewals and they return in a timely fashion. I can't call DMV.. closed due to the bug.. I emailed a contact form and they'll get back to me.. in my life time.
Them I find a DMV office that's open for license tabs only. ! It was quicker.. in and out.. then the one I usually visit... now closed.
As I peel the tab off the form for my 2011 Royal Enfield.. I read on the form.... WR?,, Eagel .jpg seems I own a 2011 Eagle…

Last year the state of Minnesota spent a kazillion dollars (millions... lots of millions) to upgrade the DMV.. Department of Motor Vehicles. Of course is was a complete and utter failure… people couldn't get cars registered.. licensed... no " enhanced drivers license ".
But they claim it's all peachy keen now.. except the " enhanced " license.... I get my renewals for the bikes in the mail... but not all. I post the renewals and they return in a timely fashion. I can't call DMV.. closed due to the bug.. I emailed a contact form and they'll get back to me.. in my life time.
Them I find a DMV office that's open for license tabs only. ! It was quicker.. in and out.. then the one I usually visit... now closed.
As I peel the tab off the form for my 2011 Royal Enfield.. I read on the form.... WR?,, View attachment 164558 seems I own a 2011 Eagle…
That's MN

The DMV! Texas! Once, not too long ago, we had to get the car inspected. Cost $14.50 It was $7 bucks to the Station inspecting the car and $7.50 for the state supplied windshield sticker. That little sticker...the state had to have it printed, they had to issue it to all the stations and monitor the stations issuing it. It was hard to control and a hot item on the black market! All the counties that had Emissions Tests - station break-ins. It was easier to pay a couple hundred bucks for a hot sticker than to pay for trying to fix a car that would not pass the Emissions test.
Solution, The Texas Two Step! State did away with the windshield sticker! NOT the $7.50 cost for it. Now you take your cart in and have it inspected, station get $7 bucks. Then the DMV adds $7.50 to the cost of the registration for "Inspection Fee". Really?
When I dug the Yam out of the shop after 30 years, I had the old title ready and signed so many years ago but never got the title changed over. They took one look and said, " You have 30 days to change a title over. $50 bucks a month up to 5 months." "That will be an extra $250.00 bucks!" I hollered, "Why don't we take the $250 out of the Inspection Sticker we pay for and don't get!" You could have heard a Gnat fart! "Oh, we can't do that!" Lucky for me, my buddy was with me, City LEO. The Tax Assessor was former SGT. He came out and told the lady to waive the $250. I don't know if he looked out and saw my buddy or if it was my pointing fingers. That $250 helped me pay for the MC License Class to replace the MC license the state stole from me over 30 years earlier when I retired from the military. Think about the millions of cars, how many millions of dollars, the state gets and they have on expense associated with it. Nobody says anything, like me, they just pay it. We're Sheep! I don't know about you, but I get real skittish about fences where my head might get caught or the sound of a Local, State or National zipper!

The DMV! Texas! Once, not too long ago, we had to get the car inspected. Cost $14.50 It was $7 bucks to the Station inspecting the car and $7.50 for the state supplied windshield sticker. That little sticker...the state had to have it printed, they had to issue it to all the stations and monitor the stations issuing it. It was hard to control and a hot item on the black market! All the counties that had Emissions Tests - station break-ins. It was easier to pay a couple hundred bucks for a hot sticker than to pay for trying to fix a car that would not pass the Emissions test.
Solution, The Texas Two Step! State did away with the windshield sticker! NOT the $7.50 cost for it. Now you take your cart in and have it inspected, station get $7 bucks. Then the DMV adds $7.50 to the cost of the registration for "Inspection Fee". Really?
When I dug the Yam out of the shop after 30 years, I had the old title ready and signed so many years ago but never got the title changed over. They took one look and said, " You have 30 days to change a title over. $50 bucks a month up to 5 months." "That will be an extra $250.00 bucks!" I hollered, "Why don't we take the $250 out of the Inspection Sticker we pay for and don't get!" You could have heard a Gnat fart! "Oh, we can't do that!" Lucky for me, my buddy was with me, City LEO. The Tax Assessor was former SGT. He came out and told the lady to waive the $250. I don't know if he looked out and saw my buddy or if it was my pointing fingers. That $250 helped me pay for the MC License Class to replace the MC license the state stole from me over 30 years earlier when I retired from the military. Think about the millions of cars, how many millions of dollars, the state gets and they have on expense associated with it. Nobody says anything, like me, they just pay it. We're Sheep! I don't know about you, but I get real skittish about fences where my head might get caught or the sound of a Local, State or National zipper!

Back