do bs34 fit bs38 intake

roadstar06

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I know WTF? bought a 78-79 motor F series...they came with bs38s ..the carbs that the dude sold me are34s ,they were not on motor!! can I just buy intake boots for 34? or are they totally different? I was looking at the mikuni vm34 that tc bros sell and called to get the low down ,he said they will work just have to buy different throttle case. also is anyone using the performance carbs that xs sells..made in tiwan?:banghead:

If you mean the carbs set sold on Mikesxs, stay away from those. Just buy the intake boots to fit the 34's, year of engine doesn't matter, carbs are interchangeable.

Right! Also, avoid boots from Mike's XS. Use either Tour Max Japanese boots (available from 650 Central) or boots from JBM Industries.

If you're thinking about VM carbies, read the VM section of the Carb Guide first--find the link in Skull's thread in the Tech section. If you decide to buy, get the carbs from a tuner like Michael Morse of 650 Central or Gary Hoos of Hoos Racing, not from an image monger.

Back