Do we have spell checker

racerdave

^ Gone not forgotten ^
Reaction score
I'm a terrible speller, but I don't seem to find spell checker available on a post. I know words are misspelled, because they are underlined in red. Help?

If you are using Internet Explorer as your web browser, you'll see the spell check icon that prompts you to install a spell check add-on called ieSpell. This is because Internet Explorer sucks and doesn't have a built in spell check like Firefox and other browsers do. If you're using Firefox, words will be underlined in red when they are misspelled just like they are in Microsoft Word.

Since i upgraded to Firfox 6 i lost my spell checker :confused: always been using firefox so couldn't figure out why this would happen

Click 'Tools' on the menu bar (if you don't see the menu bar hit F10) then click Options. Once the window pops up, click the Advanced button then the General tab. Look for the check box that says "Check my spelling as I type", and make sure it's clicked.

I have been through there before and the box was already ticked, ( can't remember the paths sometimes), When the window opened, the advanced window, with the spell check question opend up first, and was already ticked, ( from the last time i had been there i guess). Still no go, i un ticked the box and shut it down then opened it up and ticked the box and still no go. :confused::shrug:

Back