Do you believe in the Gremlin Bell ?

hamamatsu

Retired loafer
Reaction score
What is a Gremlin Bell ? It is a small bell attached to a motorcycle, believed by some bikers to scare off road gremlins.
------------------------------------
Road Gremlins
There are motorcycle gremlins (AKA: Evil Road Spirits) that LOVE to ride, but they are also mischievous little devils and they cause all sorts of problems for you while you are riding. Road gremlins leave obstacles in your path- old mufflers, pieces of rubber, boxes and things like that. Some say they are responsible for that old lady in the minivan not seeing you and cutting you off in traffic. Or, you may be having trouble shifting smoothly, your battery goes dead, your turn signal suddenly refuses to work, an oil spill appears out of nowhere, etc - you get the idea. Those little gremlins look for trouble and try to steer your bike towards it. Road gremlins hope to make a biker crash so they can rejoice over their little acts of evil.
Once you get a bell on your scoot - it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike. If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane - causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway.
When you purchase a motorcycle bell and place it on your bike, it offers protection. If you receive the gremlin bell as a gift - the powerful magic of the bell is doubled. When you place it on your bike, you want it to be low to the ground, but not so low it will catch on obstacles and come off. Place it as forward as possible, so that the road gremlins will jump away when they first see you.
Motorcycles bells come in all types, small angel bells, patriotic bells, dealers specific bells, POW bells, etc. No matter if you believe in road gremlins or not, a road bell and regular preventive maintenance goes a long way to keep you feeling safe and secure.

I have one on my bike at all times, but it doesn't keep road tar off the bike.:D

wheteher i believe or not isnt the issue, my fiance got me one, and after putting it on te bike, knock on wood, i havent had any more problems. actually rides bewtter, and runs smoother as soon as i put it on.... not just superstitious, just a cold fact.......

My understanding is that it cannot be purchased it has to be a gift from someone who cares about you......

Nope. Ain't got one. My buddy dropped his 02 Superglide a week after he put his magic bell on oddly enough though.

Precisely so and well said pyroman.

Yup....Mine have long had them as given to me and I have given them also.
All in on Ride Bells and....much else similar of the way.

Attachments

• eaglefeather.jpg
    eaglefeather.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 147
  • CAQ3CXMF.jpg
    CAQ3CXMF.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 312
The top is an owl feather. I found one. The bottom thing I don't know.

You have to have 2 bells-- one for each side to drag on the road and warn you when you're about to lean too far. Otherwise you'll only be half protected.

My Missus bought me one for each of my bikes, and I gave a guy who helped be with my charging system last weekend one as a token of my thanks.

Don't particularly believe in it but it is just another fun part of biker culture……..

The top is an owl feather. I found one. The bottom thing I don't know.

So much for your mystical powers of discernment.....greenish purple seeing person.
~~~~~~~~~~
To be written to is one thing...to be shown another.

For anything to help, you must believe that it may.

Dineh see the Blue Eagle as do many others.

To believe that you 'see' better because you 'see' differently is folly.

Believe it or not....some people can't see the face in Aussiehardtails beautiful avatar above left.

Doesn't mean it's not there.

Look again and again until you too see 'differently', you may see wisdom and the Blue Eagle.

Then again.....you may not.

Last edited:
Believe as you will.
There are mysteries in the universe we cannot comprehend.
It shall ever be so.

We do not need to believe in the Blue Eagle,
it is enough that the Blue Eagle believes in us.

Last edited:
Believe it or not....some people can't see the face in Aussiehardtails beautiful avatar above left.

Doesn't mean it's not there.

Look again and again until you too see 'differently', you may see wisdom and the Blue Eagle.

Then again.....you may not.

:yikes:They Can't :wtf:

HERE TAKE A CLOSER LOOK…... SEE IT! SEE IT! SEE IT, I TELL YOU! LOL

Seat+Design.jpg

It would make a good full facial tattoo. People would finally just get the hell out of your way.

Back