Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a Bs38 and a BS34? I was discussing the issue I'

Xs650911

Banned
Reaction score
What are some distinguishing marks between a B34 and a B38? A member asked me which ones I had and I couldn't tell him. I can't send a photograph so I thought I could look and see....but I'm not sure which I have.
Sorry about the title

In order for us to be able to help with our best, to help you get the proper answers, we need information. As much as you can give us and photos, if you don' know what you have we cant tell you with out visual input................get a manual so you can use it to learn what we are talking about.

Also if this is going to be an ongoing thing with either a build or maintenance, (a bit of an intro, about the bike at least and your capabilities so we know the level for feedback), makes it easier to keep track of the project. All the information is in one place and not several threads where they get lost in the archives. Also we do answer so there is no need to post the same thread twice, (mistakes do happen), but yours has 2 different wording. If you have been in contact with some one don't post another thread stating this. You will only make it harder for us to help and annoy those trying to help.

In another post I believe you said the tank wasn't original. I wouldn't guarantee that carbs are stock. They could be, but maybe not. Your best bet is to take off the carbs, get a digital caliper and measure the ID on the engine side of the carbs. That will tell you the size for sure

What are some distinguishing marks between a B34 and a B38? A member asked me which ones I had and I couldn't tell him. I can't send a photograph so I thought I could look and see....but I'm not sure which I have.
Sorry about the title

Did a comprehensive post with pics for you. Going over all your posts and seeing that you haven't helped, or responded to the help, that has been asked and unless their is some sensible input i am removing myself from your orbit.

That orbit is a good thing to remove yourself from, Doug. Trolls pick up all sorts of nasties while they're lurking under bridges, and they live to share the wealth.

Should have listened to that little voice in my head when i was writing out the post.............

Back