does anyone sell FLAT exhaust collars/flanges?

txchainsawgogi

XS650 Member
Reaction score
i've seen a few in kits online, and i'd really just like to buy some on the cheap instead of having some cut. i'm having the HARDEST time finding flanges that are worth it.

does anyone know where i can get some plain jane non finned flanges?!!

i think they only sell them in a kit with their DIY exhaust. i've already made my exhaust… i was just hoping to pick up a set of collars/flanges.

If you know anyone with a punch press you could probably have some made fairly inexpensive. I had a friend of a friend make me some gauge mounts out of 1/16th stainless and it didn't cost anything but a couple of adult beverages. Just a thought.

How bout picking up the phone and asking Pandemonium if they'll sell them seperately? I know, crazy idea....

Agree with Hugh, Dan's a straight up guy and if you ring and ask, you might get him to sell you a set.

He's doing some work for me at the moment that doesn't involve buying something off of his web site, that was sorted out picking up the phone and asking him if he could/would do the work. I'm in the Uk so it should be double easy for somebody in the USA.

Make them yourself!

1/2" or 12 mm aluminum is ideal, preferrably flat bar or a side of an angle, as extruded profiles are generally stronger than plate material. 6060 or 6082 aluminum will be fine for this purpose.

Then use a center punch to mark the centers of the large hole and the 2 bolt holes. Then draw the outside lines with a pair of compasses, to your required shape and size.
(or just use the OEM flange as a template, and scribe around it)
Then drill out the large hole with a hole saw, to fit the required header diameter, and the 2 bolt holes with a regular drill bit, 10.50 mm is fine. Then use a jigsaw or bandsaw to cut the outside shape, then file and sand to the required finish. Your new flanges will be a lot lighter than stock, I would guess around 270 grams or 9.5 oz.

If your pipes require a "neck" on the inside of the flange, a piece of aluminum or SS pipe of the required size will do the trick, just slide it on before the flange.

When cutting aluminum, I use CRC Supercut, or a similar cutting oil, to avoid material sticking to hole saws, drill bits and saw blades.

Good luck!

Back