Dremel Detail Abrasive Brushes & Finishing Abrasive Brushes

Nice set up 5Twins, do you run into any issue with humidity affecting blasting outside?

I have about a 30' run from the compressor to the hose reel, which holds a 50' hose. Which is why I run the air sep at the tank and the blaster ends. Thus far it has been working great.

The location of my compressor never changes (inside, in a corner of my shop) so whether I'm blasting inside or outside doesn't seem to matter as far as humidity goes. I like to do my blasting outside. Even though I mounted a 2' florescent light inside the cabinet, I still get better light with the sun shining through the window. Also, I don't have a dust collector (yet) so a pretty good cloud rolls out when I open the cabinet door, lol. I usually let the unit sit for a few minutes after blasting to let the dust settle a bit before opening the door.

Like I said, I'm quite pleased with the set-up even though it's not perfect. Most HF stuff is like that. Not something you'd want to use on a daily basis or have to make your living with but ideal for the weekend warrior.

Have you tried hooking up a shop vac to the back of it? When we were running the HF unit thats what we did. You lost some particulate but visibility was much better, and the cloud of dust did not cover the shop when you opened the door.

The unit I have not has a dust collector, works great.

I'm working on rigging up some sort of fitting so I can plug the shop vac hose into the side of the cabinet. So far, I haven't run across exactly the right size tubing yet.

Back