Drum brake line

Vigilante

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So the part I need, the one that goes between the foot pedal and drum actuating lever is a discontinued product.
PN 2M1-25371-00-00

What is the best way to remedy this and keep the stock look?

You know what? That's the wrong part number, I have the stabilizer bar, its the rod the connects the foot pedal to the drum. The one that actually does the braking. I will have to go back now and see what they say.

Vigilante:

I would guess that the same answer littlebill just provided will apply. If you get the Yamaha part number - just type it into your search engine and you'll be amazed at what might come up.

Pete

You know what? That's the wrong part number, I have the stabilizer bar, its the rod the connects the foot pedal to the drum. The one that actually does the braking. I will have to go back now and see what they say.
Hi Vigilante,
where are you looking?
MikesXS sells the complete rear drum brake pull rod assembly for ~$20. Part # 29-6535.

Thank you, I didn't realize that was the same part as mine is so broken and then when I went to the dealer they gave me the wrong part number. It hassince been added to my cart on mikesxs

No need to go to a dealer to get part numbers, you can research them on-line. I mostly use this site, starting on this page .....

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/parts.html

Be aware that every part is not listed for every year. Sometimes you have to go back a year or two if that part was used on a previous model. There are also complete omissions and errors. No longer available parts are sometimes not even listed any more. For stuff like that, I refer to factory parts manuals I have downloaded.

Back