E advancer vs advanced kit

arealhuman

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a bit new to working on bikes and decided to upgrade to an electronic ignition.

I bought the xscharge complete ignition kit and advanced assembly

When looking at the instructions to install I can't find anything about the advanced assembly, instead just e advancer with a spacer instead of the advanced.

I'm curious if I should switch to the other kit at this point. This would forgo there advanced unit on the other side of the bike correct?

Or should I just remount the advanced assembly I took off.

I assume I would have to swap out the red unit for the blue as well.

You might as well try what you've got, but I would use your original advance unit if it's still good, the quality is better. Use your original advance rod as well, same deal, better quality. I've been running my original advance unit with a basic Pamco for years and it works fine. The XSCharge system is pretty much just a copy of the Pamco.

Make sure your original advance unit is serviced (cleaned and greased), and also grease the bushings in the cam that the advance rod turns in.

You might as well try what you've got, but I would use your original advance unit if it's still good, the quality is better. Use your original advance rod as well, same deal, better quality. I've been running my original advance unit with a basic Pamco for years and it works fine. The XSCharge system is pretty much just a copy of the Pamco.

Make sure your original advance unit is serviced (cleaned and greased), and also grease the bushings in the cam that the advance rod turns in.
Thanks, unfortunately the original advanced unit was a little busted. I did read on the forum that the Mike's isn't as good which is why I thought going with the e advance might be good to eliminate it all together.

I am using the original rod, I'm shocked at how thin the Mike's rod is to the original.

Back