Wanted - Early (70 73) center stand and frame bracket

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have enough center stands now. Thanks all!

Just put an early bike on the lift for a "restore" and problem #1 hit. someone has cut away the RH most centerstand bracket and the center stand is MIA also. So looking for these parts.
Bracket
Centerstand
Centerstand spring and bolts.

Any of you bobber chopper guys have em?

Has to be from an early bike
1970 1971 1972 1973
XS1 XS1B XS2 TX650 Not from a 1974 TX650A or any later bikes, the early center stand is narrower.

pic of the bracket I'm missing the bracket was cut away close to the frame.

xs1 centerstand 001.JPG

one of a frame with that bracket still on.

Note if you were cutting this off, both inner and out brackets are tied together with a square section tube I will need that also. OR a chunk of frame with both brackets still attached would be nice.

xs1 centerstand 003.JPG

Thanks!

I have a centerstand with spring and bolts from my 73. I may have the brackets as well. I'll have a look. I'm in Canada though.

Mind if I wait a bit and see if a domestic unit shows up? Thanks for letting me know you have it!

Gggggggg-ary...? I think I have ALL that stuff off my '72. Let me dig thru my scrap pile from my on-going '72 chop to make sure of the frame brackets tonite. I KNOW's I GOT's most of it... I gotta go to work now to keep the Devil-woman covered in furs, diamonds and the finest cocaine, but after I get home from a day of shoveling asphalt and riding a Ferguson wheel packer (model 912, NOT the 916), I will check and see. I am pretty easy to get along with but I will do my MOSTEST to try to wrangle out a trade with you...

MY FRAME IS THE ANOMOLY 72 so I don't know but here is the pix. The pix don't show but there is a square tube above the bolts.

Attachments

• CS1.jpg
    CS1.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 223
  • CS2.jpg
    CS2.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 204
Ggggary, looks like Mr. Yeats beat me to it or at least he's throwin' his lure out pretty fast and hard... You guy's cuss-n-discuss and if you can work a deal have at it! If you find that Mr. Yeats is an un-yielding, beast of hatred of unscrupulous morals that sleeps with loose women and cheats at cards, well then... holler at me and we'll see if WE can make a deal! Sound fair? I'm needin' a 16" 36 hole aluminum hoop, I need a small chrome bates style headlight (4.5"), I need a choppery stuff, forward controls, I don't know, just stuff... You let me know sir.

Ggggary, I'm out. I have the centerstand and spring off my '72, but my brackets were cut off of the frame and apparently I sold them into sweatshop slavery cuz I ain't got 'em... sorry man!

Sorry mr Yeats that is a 447 centerstand and won't work for my early bikes. I sent madjap a PM and am still looking for a centerstand or 2, 70-73 will work.

I bad Hard y rd I checked and looks like shipping is about 27 CAN so how much would you like for stand and brackets?
Brackets are no big deal I think I can use the brackets from a later frame.

Stands at attention for the anthem.

Gary im packing up your exhaust and will get you a quote tomorrow I also have parts from a 1972 frame that I bought to make a bobber. Send me an email and let me know exactly what you need and make an offer and I can ship them along with your new mufflers for an additional cost.

Best,
John

Sure, if you want to mess around with it. I'm not in any rush now, just lining up parts for (coming soon from a shed near me) projects.

OK I have enough centerstands! Thanks to all who responded on and off the forum.

Back