Ebay rant stainless cycle

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
Bought a bolt kit 12 days ago and the ebay seller has yet to ship the item. Hate having my whole project on hold waiting on one person to send something. ugh. Anyone ever bought anything from Stainless Cycle?

man i'm over with my blood pressure going up by the minute...i mean 12 days to take your lazy ass to the post office? cmon!

Stainless Cycle SPECIFICALLY states in their adds on Ebay that they assemble and polish each kit to order. At least thats what I recall from buying from them on ebay

I buy 5-6 sets at a time from them, with no troubles whatsoever and have probably bought over 20 kits total from them. They usually show in about 2-2.5 weeks...

well since this is a rant thread...
Most O you know I do a bit of XS parts selling I don't get rich but mostly charge a "fair", price. So here's my beef somebody PMs wants a LH coupling we PM back and forth a few times I am always asking for an email to my posted email address to speed things up. Ok I now know what year, model exact part, needed. I go find it, remove it, take pictures. weigh it figure out how big of a box it needs and go to USPS and figure a freight quote send the info and a price and then..... nothing, nada, zero, zip no too much, no oh someone gave me one, oops I 'm broke, bike got stolen last night. Just silence. Most folks are good and a lot of stuff gets shipped or I get a reply telling me why not. But the silence thing just chaps me. OK I am putting my soap box away.

In all fairness Hugh,

They state that it takes approximately 3-5 days. It does state "sometimes slower", but it also claims expedited shipping. I would say 12 days and still not shipped is a little slow. However, I don't think I would be pissed about it. I would have definitely written them a calm, intelligible and inquisitive email asking them, "WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY BOLTS?".

I'm kidding about one half of the last sentence. I will leave it to imagination on which half.... :D

man i'm over with my blood pressure going up by the minute...i mean 12 days to take your lazy ass to the post office? cmon!

Yes....I have purchased several times from Stainless Cycle and frankly have been well pleased. The kits are not made up, cleaned, polished and packaged in advance waiting for your order. They are prepared to the order....picked, cleaned, polished, packaged etc. As They Clearly State.....

" due to the nature of our products, sometimes products are built to order, or are ordered on demand. some kits take longer than others to ship - generally the more pieces, the longer it takes. we have no guaranteed time of delivery, but it's usually less than a week. if we think your order will take a long time, we will do our best to contact you and give an estimated delivery date." Quote: Stainless Cycle Home Page

http://www.stainlesscycle.com/catalog/information.php?info_id=1

Chill a bit, spring order rush likely. It's a good small run to order operation (with an order backlog) and it ain't about "somebody getting their lazy ass to a post office" you smooth talker!

Blue

Last edited:
Yes....I have purchased several times from Stainless Cycle and frankly have been well pleased. The kits are not made up, cleaned, polished and packaged in advance waiting for your order. They are prepared to order....picked, cleaned, polished, packaged etc.

" due to the nature of our products, sometimes products are built to order, or are ordered on demand. some kits take longer than others to ship - generally the more pieces, the longer it takes. we have no guaranteed time of delivery, but it's usually less than a week. if we think your order will take a long time, we will do our best to contact you and give an estimated delivery date." Quote: Stainless Cycle Home Page

http://www.stainlesscycle.com/catalog/information.php?info_id=1

Chill a bit, spring order rush likely. It's a good small run to order operation (with an order backlog) and it ain't about "somebody getting their lazy ass to a post office" you smooth talker!

Blue

hell i wouldn't be pissed off if they would've sent me a message or something a little communication goes a long ways ...

Posted via Mobile

They have a 10% off sale going on right now (with free shipping). I may have to bog down their process a little more by adding another order to their load...:)

Yeah, well, the Executor keychain I ordered last week arrived defective, so don't come crying to me. I'm out $4. I can't see myself recovering from this.

executor-8-sound-keychain.jpg

Back