xx
Reaction score
Mission_One_Side.jpg

- from mission one
- 150 mph
- 150 mile range
- 2 hour recharge time
- $68,996 in 2010

I'm ok with the idea but I think that we are still a few years from a viable option. By that I mean the illusive combination of: weight, performance, distance, cost and serveral others I'm sure. For me to consider an electric bike it would have to be with in $3,000 of a similar gas powered machine.

- i agree about the price tag-still early years as far as technology goes, nanotech will open a lot of opportunities not currently available, the realisation of peak oil will put on the pressure and economies of scale will determine pricing-still, 150 mph with a 150 mile range and 2 hour recharge cycle is packaged fairly sexily...this is commutable...i reckon i could sell some of these here, even at that price :bike:

Hell, the first iPod cost that much. :) Here's an HD electric from the 70's I saw at the Wheels Through Time Museum. (recommended)

John

Attachments

• electric HD.jpg
    electric HD.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 166
It's coming though...They get better and cheaper all the time.
http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=2142

I have a 13 mile one way commute. A little on the highway. So I need at least 65-70 MPH. I could charge it up here at the station. Price must be reasonable. I've commuted mostly on my 250 Ninja (until I sold it to get a different bike) as the XS has been apart a lot. The price will have to be near the cost of the Ninja for me to buy one.

I've always been an adaptable person. I love tech and new gadgets. I dig the idea of sustainable design and the future of clean, efficient transportation. I would ride the hell out of that thing, because I have a need to ride anything on two wheels if given the opportunity. Put two wheels and handlebars on a mini fusion reactor and I'm first in line. :D

At 40 plus though, after being around scoots for all of these years, the inevitable decline of the internal combustion gasoline engine is a little sad and I already feel nostalgic. The feel of steel, the smell of gas, grease and oil, the sound of burning petrol, the look of shiny spokes and flat black rubber: these are what a motorcycle IS. At least to me.

I would ride it because I would feel compelled to. But it's soulless. A dead thing.

Incidentally, this bike uses a lithium ion battery. They're prone to overheating and catching fire. This usually happens when they're charged too fast (might want to skip that 2 hour charge time), causing dendrites to grow, short circuiting the battery.

If I'm going to go up in flames, I'd prefer it were in a good old gasoline fire!

The mission one website says the bike can do power wheelies at 70mph. That sounds exciting! I would like to feel the instant torque of an electric motor even at super low rpm. I bet they have the throttle mappings dialed in to prevent wheelies every time you take off from a stop.

As far as cost, it has top of the line wheels and suspension that are probably complete overkill for 99% of riders. If they can get the cost of all the electronic stuff to come down through economies of scale, and put a more reasonable sport-bike suspension and wheels on it to make it around 10 grand, I bet they would sell like crazy. I wonder how long the batteries last and their cost to replace. It's probably only a matter of time before the big four have electric bikes in their line-ups.

Now here's a fast electric bike! Skip to about 3 min if you want to see the exciting part of the video.

Electric sounds like fun, but biking is about the sound, the feel the vibes. Electric scooters seem like a viable option and I read there is a closed circuit organization for off road and maybe road racing. If it has two wheels its for me.

Now here's a fast electric bike! Skip to about 3 min if you want to see the exciting part of the video.

It's a little eerie that that happened and no sound until that thing was winding out after he ate it. Zero to 60 in less than a second. OK, I'm a convert now. I want to try that out! God loves an idiot. At least that's what my momma tells me. (His too, apparently.)

that guys not to smart for a goverment scienest must be the u.s . goverment he works for heres a tip let go of the bike but when i was like 10 i did that on a honda ct 70 went right thru the bushes but i was able to walk away but i got back on and crashed agian than my brother kicked my ass for rideing his bike when he wasnt home ahh the joys of learning to ride i think i will stick to gas bikes for now thanks anyways

Posted via Mobile

Back