Elswick

AussieHard

AussieHardTail
Reaction score
Anyone else got late orders pending?

I first contacted Robert regarding an order and shipping back in Feb took ages for him to confirm, and paid early March.

Havn't heard anything in over 3 weeks since I got this

"I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I'm struggling to keep up with the business end of things and put in enough shop time to keep caught up on everything. "

Got nearly everything else waiting and just being held up by lack of a hardtail. Feeling a bit helpless jut hanging here.

Anyone else having issue or know what is going on????

Last edited:
They are always really slow to get your order to you!! I bet I damn near waited 4 and a half months to get my hardtail!! Quality is Excellent, but so slow to deliver!!

XsC

I apologize for taking so long to get your hardtail finished up. We have it scheduled to be built early next week. I'll contact you as soon as it's completed and ready to ship.
Thanks, Robert

So I got a quick response this time to my e-mail and should be seeing her soon. Of course delivery & customs could still slow it down a bit.

I am hoping quality is as good as Elswick are reputed for, that is why I went with them & waited. Will post results here & on my blog.

Mine took a bit longer then quoted too, ordered it on christmas and was expecting a 3 week wait, it showed up mid feburary, so only like 3 weeks late... I have to say the wait is worth it, it looks great and the weld are perfect. The guy who welded my hardtail on for me has been tig welding for over 15 years and was amazed at how perfect and uniform the welds were. You wont be dissapointed.

Benjamod got any pics?

Robert contacted me 2wks ago to say he was building it that Monday. I dunno what happened but Havn't heard from him since. It is frustrating.

On the 15th April Robert of Elswick said my order would be built early in the week and he would contact me as soon as it was completed, that was two weeks ago.

:banghead:Seriously this is really dragging out been trying to get this tail section from him since Feb.:cussing:This really isn't satisfactory.

Benjamoid, 6 weeks ain't so bad, Generallee & I are looking at 3moths and still not even fabricated, I still have shipping time to Australia on top when it does get done. I think some sort of compensation is in order. As good as his work is, this sort of customer service and turn around is unprofessional. He has had our money in the bank earning interest all this time and was quick to ask for payment with order, no indication there was a problem with manufacturing times.

Am I being unreasonable????:confused:

Hey guys you can always order from me. If I get enough orders I can keep them in stock ready to go out the door same day you order.

If Robert wants to refund the money we already paid, that might be an option!

I have had excellent service from other custom builders like Gordonscott who has made my custom pipes and Gary Poh with his offset kit. I don't like to complain but the lack of communication and super long wait, together with unfulfilled promises is getting a bit old.

I understand he moved shop during this time, but give customers a fixed date before you ask for their money, even if it is longer than usual an stick to it. I think they are simple business principles.

Not in anyones defence but times are tough and most of us who build frames must have a screw loose. I just did a 200 tire frame and took me close to a month because i am not set up on jig for 200 and yes if you order a prefab hardtail like TCB i can weld it up in a day and out the door but drop seat and 200 are time to get right. I won't let anything go unless i know its safe and going to hold up. The best welder in the world gets cracks on frames and i have seen some big time builder bikes come in to be rewelded and its not there fault. I really like ELWICK work and me too waiting on a goose neck from them because i just don't do them and its been a couple months that my custer has waited for his frame. I have his parts sitting here ready to go. This time of the year most of us are going nutz trying to get bikes frames motors done and it didn't help when a main supplier sold and took a month to get there act together too. I am getting all my HARLEY work out faster than my XS 650 bikes and it normally works the other way. GO FIGURE. I know your pissed but there work is unreal.

Yeah I only hear good stuff about their quality.

But you should be able to tell a customer your flat out and expect it to take 3 months. When you say it will be done this week, get it done or at least notify the customer of the delays. Buy the way wide tails are a stock item for Elswick, so you would assume he has a jig.

Back