Emgo Fairing

Ramjamjungle

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Thought I would pass this along about mounting an inexpensive 1/4 fairing like this Emgo, available on eBay.
After much thinking about how to use the mounting brackets that come with the fairing I decided to forgo any brackets and cut some U shaped slots in the side of the fairing. Simple to do with a drill and file or a jig saw. This allowed the fairing to fit over the turn signal stems and come up tight against the headlight housing. Then I drilled a small hole in the fairing ahead of the U slot and zip tied the fairing to the turn signal stems. No alterations to the bike required and easy to put on and off. Seems to be plenty secure at all speeds.

Resized_20210321_142819.jpeg
Resized_20220319_192237(1).jpeg
Resized_20220319_192158.jpeg

I used a similar fairing on a build (signals built into the headlight) It was still a royal pain to mount. VERY tight space. They look good once down though.

👍

I can't recall what the washer's name.. number is... think Mike's Xs has them... but they're rubber washers with a metal collar. The washers are double sided with a slot.... I used them to mount the little faring on my paint shaker 77' D back in the day. They perform excellently.... supports the faring..allows it to move-vibrate without damage and mounts securely without stress on the faring material. :cool:

Yes,WideAWAKE, I'm happy with the fairing. Provides a bit of wind protection --was easy to attach -- doesn't look too bad and the price was quite reasonable. If I were a little fussier I might have put foam tape around the headlight contact area to make it rubber mounted but I've put about 100 miles on it without any cracks. Here is another pic.
Resized_20220212_133033.jpeg

Back