Engines

Ben Mccree

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All, Got the engine running and there is a worn bearing type noise coming from it somewhere possibly the cam chain area. But worst still can only get first and second gear. Everthing went back in the order it came out and I even tried selecting the gears before putting the bottom back on.
More work, but never mind class it as character building.

I've not time to do this engine at the moment and I am thinking of buying another, but a sound runner. It's got to be done for the 5th June in time for the Isle of Man TT ( only watching this year - ha).
So will any engine from any year fit. Bear in mind mine is an XS2 and I could end up getting a 1980 engine.

Cheers for the advice Ben:

short answer: Yes.

long answer: yes, but you might have to deal with things like TCI ignition vs points, and carb angle.

short answer: Yes.

long answer: yes, but you might have to deal with things like TCI ignition vs points, and carb angle.

I like short anwsers and I can deal with the ignition etc. As long as the casting fits in the frame I'm happy.
Good to speak, If I was round the corner I would be up with a stash of beer and we would would talk.

Back