Ever wander what it’s like to sell a bike on Bring a Trailer?

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Here is one man’s experience, he’s a writer on Motorcyclist Magazine and he sold his Kawasaki H1 ( that had some issues )

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/story/news/how-to-sell-a-motorcycle-on-bring-a-trailer/

067AB684-17A1-4F5B-B2D1-8273C1B7E740.jpeg

I looked into BAT last week when I started to run ads on my tracker. I decided that wasn`t for me. I`ve had a good response from the VFT site but both buyers were on the east coast and shipping costs were outrageous.:yikes: U-ship was$1100 plus $350 for insurance to Pennsylvania.

FWIW - I've alway had good luck with UShip - I specify enclosed trlr & wheel chock - KS to PA, depending on where 1100-1200mi, maybe $1/mi, seems appropriate @ current fuel $. Haulbikes is typically much higher (and slower). I'm set-up to go fetch now.

I wander often and wonder mostly. Link works fine.

A bit more than I knew about BAT, The BAT writes the description, kinda shocking. You could tell descriptions were heavily edited, made to conform to a "standard".
Have made "opening bids" on a few roadsters just to get a feel for the process, but never got seriously involved in BAT bidding.
Hey Bob buy this from me, keep your fingers from going crazy....
It's a survivor, nothing bad, nothing perfect, needs a top job.
opening bid $500, reserve not met
Let the BATty comments flow? ;^)

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210617_100953.jpg
    thumbnail_20210617_100953.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Have spent time helping "Uship" drivers properly secure bikes even supplied straps! Sometimes I was pretty worried about them arriving safely.

Have spent time helping "Uship" drivers properly secure bikes even supplied straps! Sometimes I was pretty worried about them arriving safely.
Yep, their "talent pool" varies. Thankfully the negotiating process affords some vetting opportunity. I always ask questions about the equipment - some ain't properly equipped for bikes.

Posting a pic of my new rig would be considered flaunting

OooH!

KIMG1856.JPG
KIMG1851.JPG
KIMG1853.JPG
KIMG1852.JPG
KIMG1854.JPG
KIMG1855.JPG
KIMG1857.JPG

Had zero compression on one side when I got it, lubed, cylinders intakes etc. It's been sitting months, now has over 100PSI both sides, shrug.
Complete with MN title. battery holding charge, rear tire looks new, Shinko, age not checked. Has the factory carbs also.

This was originally my Go Kart trailer. Made shorter to fit in the garage in the house. It`s a 2010 Royal Cargo with about 1600 miles on it. Converted it over to bikes. 3 are a tight fit.:yikes:
Chicago trailer trip 001-001.JPGXS`s 037-001.JPGXS`s 039-001.JPGXS`s 044-001.JPGXS`s 045-001.JPGdecals 003.JPG

I see what you did there! 😉 I sorta wandered off course with my verbiage!

Hey that’s just like my first XS650! 😃. Whew! Looks like I dodged a bullet on that one!
What’re you trying to do, get me in trouble with the Mrs.? 😄

If you see a 76 cruising around your neck of the woods, good chance its my old one. Sold it to a guy not far from you a month or so ago.

Back