Feel like an idiot but.... What are these!!!

pristic

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Guys,

I for some reason have lost my marbles or havnt had enough sleep (probably both)

Can you tell me what each of these is please.
One is reg one is rectifier I am sure but the more I look into modding my electrics the more these two parts become a blur !!!

Also if I go the PAMCO electronic ignition and e-advancer (NO PMA) will I be removing these two?

null-3.png

null-2.png

Thanks,
Peter

Posted via Mobile

Guys,

Also if I go the PAMCO electronic ignition and e-advancer (NO PMA) will I be removing these two?

Thanks,
Peter

Posted via Mobile

Sorry... My bad... With pamco you can remove others things, but if you dont go with (PMA) you have to check if this modules are needed to charge the battery and staff...

ok thanks guys...
Royboy, with the Pamco and e-advance do you toss the reg/rec out or keep them?

I am going to Pamco because I want 1. Electronic and 2. Bigger, better spark... and I hate points ...
The PMA is only to have a better charging system and use less voltage while starting ,etc... if you alternator, etc is good... no 'actual' need to install PMA right?

Cheers,
Peter

Going with PMA all this will gone... This is what I do in mine... I think you are going to leave the old charge system

You still need both of those, the rectifier {top} regulator {bottom} when you use a Pamco system. You can replace those 2 with upgraded rectifier/regulators but you still need both.

If you are going to install a new charging system PMA you must install a new regulator like this one;

0-1980-XT550-Europe-1982-XT600-kickstart-1982-1983.jpg

I dont see the reason why install a new charging system and keep this old things...

I install this in mine plus PAMCO

XS650-PMA-Kit-600x384.jpg

Just saying...

Thanks guys.

Ok, so buying the PAMCO kit with to replace points and the e-advancer - I would need to buy the reg/rec seperately...
If I buy a PAMCO+PMA+E-advancer kit it comes with everything I need right.

Only reason I am not buying the whole lot at once is because my wife wont let me HAHAHAA... its financial, I just need to manage the $$ thats all... and I see the ignition as a great advantage over points, but the PMA im not sure I see all the benefits yet.

Pete

Thanks guys.

Ok, so buying the PAMCO kit with to replace points and the e-advancer - I would need to buy the reg/rec seperately...

Only reason I am not buying the whole lot at once is because my wife wont let me HAHAHAA... its financial, I just need to manage the $$ thats all... and I see the ignition as a great advantage over points, but the PMA im not sure I see all the benefits yet.

Pete

More power with the PMA, you can choice to no use battery etc

The Pamco is the most important to replace...

You can find all the parts in ebay very cheap, just be sure pick the right ones... This is always the problem... The wife... hahaha but we cant live without her...

Thanks guys.

Pete

Here is a list of the parts, you can try to find them separately and safe some $

http://www.xs650chopper.com/2011/01/xs650-banshee-charging-system-swap/

The whole kit for 289$

http://www.monstercraftsman.com/xs650-permanent-magnet-alternator-conversion-kit-pma-tc-bros/

Back