Trade - Feeler on selling my 75 trade?

Koulbreeze

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
From what I was told I'm the 3rd owner, but technically the 2nd since one owner never registered it. The original owner bought this bike and drove rarely. She changed the seat and the pipes and everything else is original. She had a family and no longer rode the bike, storing it in her garage for 10 years. She felt the bike needed to be out on the road and sold/gave it to her father who said he would drive it. He didn't. He put it in a shed and there it sat for another 10 years. 2 years ago he went into an old folks home and she was award his belongings. She sold me the bike as is.

It had 3600 miles on it and I had a local shop get it into running condition.
Now it has 4500 miles on it and is in near mint condition. When we pulled the bike out of his shed the gauges were perfect but the hot Colorado sun has rapidly aged the faces and they're warped. The bike has evidence of being tipped over, but not laid down. That is it's missing the right mirror and the accel grip is slightly torn. The tank has a small almost unnoticeable dent in it, being the owner I notice it. There's some rust below the battery but not horrible. The turn indicator bulbs on the dash are burnt out. Has a small ding in front fender.

I just prepped the bike for summer with new plugs and rotella and had a great ride. The clutch cable, being 38 years old, was showing signs of stretch. Being a moron that I am I tightened the slack. The second day I rode it it snapped on my way home from work. Now she's sitting waiting for me to get around to replacing it.

Don't get me wrong. I like the bike, but its just not me. I want something a little more sportier. So I am feeling around if some one would want to trade it. If there's interest I'll get some pics snapped and uploaded.
It's black with the gold trim with OHV650 battery covers.
Thanks for looking
~Koul

Since most forum members don't live in Colorado which makes a trade highly unlikely, why don't you post photos and set a price (maybe within the price range of bikes you'd trade it for) and see what happens. Or if you really want a trade, put it on your local craigslist with some examples of sportier bikes you'd be interested in owning.

BTW, before you take it out again, unless you put new tires/tubes on already, I'd suggest doing so before riding it at anything but slow speeds. If you think a clutch cable deteriorates in 38 years, just see how rubber holds up.

Bill

Im in Colorado if you were to sell what price are you looking for? Are you lookong for a sportbike or just a more powerful cruiser?

Back