Fender mount

FrkyMnky

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone is mounting their fenders. I pulled mine off during my rebuild and noticed cracking around the mount holes. I was running washers underneath, but I am thinking it might be a good idea to weld some 16g on the underside to strength it up. Figured I would ask here first though to see if everyone was just running leather washers and fender washers underneath or doing more. Last thing I want is to get it painted and then a year from now have a ton of cracks in the fender.

image-37.jpg

The leather route helps with the vibes and saves the paint. Is it the strut mounts or the mounts under the seat?

Sick controls BTW!

The two fender struts were the mounts that were cracking. I think it was because I didn't use fender washers, just regular washers. I also just mounted it metal to metal since it wasn't painted yet. There are 4 mounts total with one each coming off each cross member.

The two fender struts were the mounts that were cracking. I think it was because I didn't use fender washers, just regular washers. I also just mounted it metal to metal since it wasn't painted yet. There are 4 mounts total with one each coming off each cross member.

yeah dude, fender washers and like mentioned before leather or rubber washers too.

Im gonna pick up some rubber backed washers from mcmaster, but I wanted to see what others had run since I am not gonna have much time to do a shakedown run.

Im gonna pick up some rubber backed washers from mcmaster, but I wanted to see what others had run since I am not gonna have much time to do a shakedown run.

you can find them at a local hardware store too, like ace if you have one of those around.

Back