Fender suggestions

junkshow

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So have this Brat/bobber build that I very crudely installed a stock rear fender that I've been runnin for the last two years. I've now decided that I'll properly install a new rear fender but I'm looking for ideas/suggestions also pros and cons for mounting to the swingarm or to the main frame.

Post any pic and suggestions on both options that you might have. I need some guidance from the forum.

Here's what I'm working with, I have a visual impact brat kit installed.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 199
I have the visual impact kit as well and have the fender mounted to the swing arm. I did just a flat fender with some fender struts from tc bros. the fender could look better if it was rounded but it was pretty cheap and does its job.

I've been playing around with the idea of using steel rope to make a fender, some 3mm 1x19 perhaps... could get a nice herring bone pattern in the fender with rope... just not sure if steel rope would have any oils in the twine or not... even with stainless. Started out thinking of using steel rod, bending them to fit radius, weld up to get a compound curve. either way it would look nice but be a fair bit of welding.

Back