final v8 racing,,,,,great,,,,

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys,,, well in australia we just had the final and champion ship decider this sat/sun just gone ,,i,ve got toooooo say ,it was loverly sitting there there watching all the open slather carnage take pace,,, both days were eventfull 888 came first on saturday and 2nd on sunday,, and his team partner jamie came in 12th on sunday and ended up winning the championship for the year,,,, on saturday jamie got smashed snapped a front shock mount ,,and lost 6 laps while they repaired his 88 car,,, he ended up 20th on saturday.. as i said the carnage on the 2 days was great .. 1 guy hit 1 off the 4 tonne concrete barriers at just over 130k and moved the block 300mm , there were 2000 of these barriers around the sydney street track ,he said he wasn,t feeling good over the intercom to the team workshop ..all in all just great regards oldbiker

Last edited:
I was out there in a coprorate box on Friday and got to meet Wincup and Lowndes, winner and runner up in drivers championship.

They signed a heap of gear for people and had a bit of a Q & A session. It was great.

In the Classics they had a great Boss Mustang and my personal fave a 1970 split nose camaro along with a flotilla of other Muscle cars and porsche with touring car histories in Aus.

In the Auditorium area they had a number of displays and some great cars, including the delorian from BTF, the Batmobile and a couple of cars from mad max.

Got lost trying to exit the circuit and ended up bumping into the Hooters Girls, shame that.

All in all a good day.

Ride Safe all.

Back