Finally being able to enjoy riding my XS650!

tbone1980

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have had my xs650 for 4 years now and have spent a ton of time working on it as many here have. Finally this past month I have made a couple of key changes that have really made my bike much more enjoyable. The first change was swapping out my BS34 carbs with ones from a 2004 EX500. This was an awesome upgrade that was very cost affective! The second change I made was to install Dyna Beads in my tires to really reduce the vibrations above 55mph. The reduction in vibration was huge for me. I was very skeptical about this product but decided for $20 it was worth a shot. I had seen many reviews on this product and decided that I had to find out for myself! The funny thing was I went to order directly from innovative balancing and when I checked to see their location I found out they were only 5 minutes from where I work. So I decided to pick up my order directly from their location. The people their were very nice and informative. Anyways just thought I would share some of my recent experience with my xs650.

Surprising what a good set of carbs and a wheel balance can do. These bikes are a fun bike when trouble free. A picture of your bike would be great. :thumbsup:

I created a custom seat pan from fiberglass. The front of the seat uses the stock bolt by the gas tank and the rear is held by a bolt that goes through the rear fender.

Nice looking ride. Glad you're enjoying. Just curious. What are the two plugs for seen in pictures 15 and 16?

Btw. I put Dynabeads in my Warrior and love them.

Good eye. Those are for my battery tender. That way I do not have to take the battery out to charge if need be. If you look closely you can see towards the left side of that picture a switch. This switch is my ignition switch. I have no key ignition on this bike. I may change that later on but for now it will have to do.

Nice. I have a wiring harness on my Warrior for the tender so I just have to take the seat off and pop out the wire. My current rides seat just removes with the key, but I do like your setup for the XS. Nice work.

Figured that switch was the ignition since you reached down there to shut the bike off in the video. Great job across the board.

Back