Fired up XSIV!

Trex

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Got it wired up and fired up...the Norton cocktail shakers sound freaking awesome.
th_Reindeerrun002.jpg

Trouble is the clutch plates seem stuck(were working 6 months ago when I tore it down) and the starter drive is going to sheeeit. No prob as its a one kick wonder now....but I cannot get the clutch to free up when I step on my foot clutch. New cable lubed up etc....just doesn't quit disengage. Been reading all the tech articles on clutch stuff but none of those suggestions have worked yet. Rocked it back and forth in gear...readjusted everything..etc.:wtf:

Have you had the clutch apart again to check everything out, or just trying the easy stuff first?

Trying all the easy methods..then checking the worm drive. Hate to pop the right side open...but thats next if I have too..lol Afraid my foot control may bind the cable too much and I'll have to get creative or go back to a hand clutch and make a shifter rod. Won't rock it loose by rocking the machine..started it up warmed it up tried it again. gonna crack open the left side and check the worm and rod.

OK...checked the worm and the rod...had lost the outer ball bearing...found a perfect one in my tool box from years ago from a car project long forgotten. now I get it all adjusted just perfect....same shit! So tonight I pop the right side open.....clutch discs stuck together like wheel weights to the rim. serious stickyness! in only 4 months of sitting dry they bonded together and continued to restick every time I let go of the foot clutch. Finally got enough oil between them to loosen them up and get everything working again. So excited I wanted to do a burnout in my living room!! Rain is pouring down and I'm just waiting for the first break to take the maiden voyage!

Did the first test ride saturday to work. Lovin it! Lil more shakedown time and I can call it done and roll it as my main ride. Thanks for the help guys!

Back