First build, I want to build this bike

JesseJames

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Looking to build a particular looking bike. I know I need a hardtail frame but that's about all I no. any tips or ideas on what I need to build a bike like the ones in the pictures below. thanks

p.s. pictures come from Bing Images

Attachments

• 6199626817_68396f0555_b.jpg
    6199626817_68396f0555_b.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 212
  • xs650-chop-noid-fongb2-587x333.jpg
    xs650-chop-noid-fongb2-587x333.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 182
I'm just kidding!

I've learned so much from just lurking and reading forums here. The best learning tool is actually getting your hands on something and taking it apart though. What is your level of experience working on bikes? That will determine how your vision transpires.

Hi Jesse and welcome,
first thing I'd do, before I spent money or time on the build, would be to make sure that I could could get the machine registered in my name.
You'd really hate having to part it out after it was finished because you couldn't put plates on it.
And good luck with buying cheap. Even cheap XS650s ain't all that cheap these days.

I have never owned any street bikes or worked on them but I grew up riding dirt bikes and working on them.

fredintoon, I definitely will be looking for a bike or frame with a clean title

Take your time, while doing a build is fun, it can go a lot smoother when you know what you want and how to do it. Get a solid bike and get it rideable. Work out all the kinks and get it running strong, this forum will be your guide. Once it's running well, start your build. I will also say as you're researching your taste is gonna change, so do lots of looking before committing.

Back