First chopper build... HELP!

Hi Scott,
angus is right about that seat on your TCBros hardtail.
It's hinged at the front and sprung at the back so yes, it's tilty. Unless the front hinge is engineered properly it'll also be wobbly.
And as it's coil-springs are completely in-damped. yes it'll be bouncy. And shorter springs will be just as bouncy and give a harsher ride.
If you want inspiration from the past for the seat mount why stop in the 1930s?
The seat on the 1913 Ariel that some guy famously re-built from parts buried in a field was supported on a 4-bar (AKA pantograph) suspension
that allowed it to move without tilting. That'd take the tilt out. And a modern mini-shock in place of the springs would de-bounce it.

Fred, my seat is not tilty or wobbly, even though I don't understand the difference. If my seat does get wobbly/tilty I will change the bronze bushings and pivot bolt. The springs are quite stiff for my weight.

Scott

Fred, my seat is not tilty or wobbly, even though I don't understand the difference. If my seat does get wobbly/tilty I will change the bronze bushings and pivot bolt. The springs are quite stiff for my weight.
Scott

Hi Scott,
your seat pivots at the front and moves up & down at the back. HTF else would you describe it's motion except that it tilts?
"Wobbly" is a whole different thing as I'm sure you very well know.

Hi Scott,
your seat pivots at the front and moves up & down at the back. HTF else would you describe it's motion except that it tilts?
"Wobbly" is a whole different thing as I'm sure you very well know.

No Shit, do you think I had to be told this? What the hell is your point? No, never mind, this will obviously go nowhere.

No Shit, do you think I had to be told this? What the hell is your point? No, never mind, this will obviously go nowhere.

Hi Scott,
well yeah, I do think exactly that seeing as in post #22 you said your seat "isn't tilty" even though it obviously is.

Back