First long ride went great

Tech7

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Got my seat yesterday. Got a plate this morning, (30 bucks!), and rode the crap out of it. No problems except that my chain was hitting the electric box once in a while. Adjusted chain tension, but want to put in a block of some sort. Motor and trans working great, no leaks at all. Pulls hard. Love the 17/30 gearing. Exhaust sounds cool, not too loud, just right. Ride some more tomorrow. Life is good.:bike:

Im getting my plate tomorrow, LETS RIDE :)

Where do you live in NH?

Another guy I went to buy a mirror from the other day just popped on this site, maybe I can help get him running and we'll be the first XS650 gang in NH. haha.

Im getting my plate tomorrow, LETS RIDE :)

Where do you live in NH?

Another guy I went to buy a mirror from the other day just popped on this site, maybe I can help get him running and we'll be the first XS650 gang in NH. haha.
I live in Nashua. I' m a little too old to be a gang member though. HA HA. Where you at?

I've noticed the ones tcbros. choppers sells look alot like a skateboard wheel.
Yeah, I have a skateboard wheel on the bottom, It just kisses the tank at highway speeds. Thinking maybe a small piece of nylon stuck on the bottom of the tank. I'll figure it out.

Here's a pic.

Attachments

• dashit_005.jpg
    dashit_005.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 319
Ok...I see. I think my tank must be mounted further up the frame. As you say, maybe a small piece of teflon (must be like UHMW) for it too hit off will protect ur tank. Sweet look'n scoot :thumbsup:

Mount another chain tensioner up top??

Dont have to use a skateboard wheel.. Most powersports shops will sell a chain tensioner w/ the correct bearings etc..Maybe $10-15 bucks. Just have to make a tab for mounting...

What about a pair of offset tabs to move the box forward and up maybe an 1"?

What about a pair of offset tabs to move the box forward and up maybe an 1"?
That was the other thought. But I got everything all welded and painted. PLus, I got all the wiring in the frame with holes drilled right over the box. All nice and tidy. I screwed some rubber to the bottom of the box tonight and tried that. Seemed to work way sweet. Didn't make any noise, absorbed the chain movement just fine. The rubber didn't even get scuffed. I'll run it and see what happens. Maybe once the chain breaks in it won't bounce so much. Other than that, it's the shit. Gets looks like crazy. Wicked fun. Thanks for all the help guys.

i also went out for my first long ride of the year, mostly just been a few miles at a time until today.

i found out how riding with bars that have no sweep really sucks. the wrist i broke in december was sore all day

Bike looks sweet........do you have a build thread in here? I looked around, but didn't see one.

No build thread, here's a couple of pics though. Have some detailed photos of my rear master set uo and my oil tank if you wish. Let me know.

Attachments

• bikes_048.jpg
    bikes_048.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 112309_17111.jpg
    112309_17111.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 195
  • noid-102709_17052.jpg
    noid-102709_17052.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 0207000833.jpg
    0207000833.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 186
im interested in how you did the rear master cylinder set up, i have a tc bros. hardtail as well with a disc setup in back, getting ready to figure out how to mount it up soon. thanks.

im interested in how you did the rear master cylinder set up, i have a tc bros. hardtail as well with a disc setup in back, getting ready to figure out how to mount it up soon. thanks.

Here's some pics. Stock pedal arm. Made a pivot out of steel pipe, 3/4 washers welded to the ends, hole drilled in the middle for a grease fitting. Welded that to the frame. The master bolts to a piece of 1 inch angle welded to the inside of the frame. I used the stock brake stay. Welded a tab to the lower crossmember. Used the stock hardware too.

Attachments

• bikes_001.jpg
    bikes_001.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 440
  • biu.jpg
    biu.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 426
  • mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 434
Back