First run home after 2 year re-build and shitty winter.

CDNTX650

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I'll link my build thread in a bit.

I rode home today for the first time on my 74 TX 3/4 resto mod (never cleaned the motor up on the outside). The bike rode/ran/handled better than i could ever imagine. I think my gearing is a little to tall so i may go up 1 or 2 again. (went down 3 i think) So excited, never missed a beat and it revved cleanly to 5 grand (break in and cold out at +6 celsius) with single points, bs-34's with johns needles, stock pipes and pods. (which sound fucking awesome for 74). Re-built brake caliper works effin sweet. Rear drum is sweet. I went back in time for a bit.

Feels good don't it? That first ride after all the work. Almost better than sex.

haha, tru dat man. Actually moved from my old house to the new one with a garage...so i can look at it without going to the shed.:bike:

from Saskatchewan

Glad to hear you got the bike out for a ride. Winter is way too long here in Canada.................did I mention we just had 20 cm (thats 8" in american speak) of snow on the weekend in Calgary:yikes:

Glad you got out for a ride!,bet your still grinning.(or maybe your face has not thawed out! Damm us Canadians are tough!).
Warmest spring day here so far this year in Nova Scotia 10 Celcius but raining.
Hey RG,sorry to hear about the snow on the weekend,thing about it this time of year is it doesen't stick around.

How's it going Skip:)................In Calgary it seems normal to have a dump of snow in April. Spring is in the air.................I feel the need to start bike riding:bike:

RG it's going great,I fired mine up last night at about 10:30 pm (sorry nieghbours).
First since major dissassembly and rebuilding of carbs.Everything all good.
I'll not ride untill I am positive beyond a doubt there is not a trace of road salt on the streets.
So many guys ride as soon as the snow is gone.regardless of the salt factor.not me,too
much aluminum.

Discovered my carbs aint sitting properly in the holders, more than likely due to splitting holders...Time to go to JBM. The carbs are supported too since i have no airbox. No biggie as i need to get into the bike again to re-torque my head bolts.

Back