first week of rideing xs650. first imprersions

nlovern

possom man
Reaction score
Hi,
Nathan Lovern here. Well my vaccation isover. I rode my 82 xs over 125 miles one day. Never did buck,kick or jerk once while rideing by myself. maybe the xs650 dont like my wife. Who knows.(check my earlier posts)
The Xs is the first bike that i have ever saw without an oil pressure light. :eek:
Wish i had money to put into her. I would love to give it upgrades like all you guys talk about. Im lucky i had a good brother to get for me.
Shoot it took me 3 years just to rebuild my 71 DS7 250.
I hope to ride as long as i can. Is all i got really to rideto work. My wife needs the car to get the kids everyday for after school sports.
Thanks guys for all the help. I feel really alone sometimes. My life is nonething but work,sleep mowing. I sometimes feel like runnung away or just crawling off in the woods and just dieing.
Thanks for all the help
Nathan,va

It's not that bad man. You have a wife and kids, plenty to be thankful for. A nice motorcycle to ride, life could be so so much worse.

Nathan, Dude...I hope you feel better soon, and yeah, I know it is hard to try to focus on what we DO have versus what we don't but that's what we've got to do. Getting back to the Bible helped me, Man, saved my life. I'll be praying for you.

I dont have a wife or kids . A decision I made while very young . I do however have a garage stuffed with bikes . Also a decision made when much younger . These decisions we make shape our life and future there is little point in complaining about a situation unless your going to make another decision to change the situation . No books required to tell you to man up and get on with the life your decisions have brought you to .

"Life is a long song" but the tune ends too soon for us all.
Work, sleep and mowing....boy, don't that sound familiar....hang in there, it gets better 'specially when you've got a ride like your xs. It's a simple pleasure but a pleasure none the less. I find that I do a lot of praying while riding, kind of like this...Lord, keep the deer in the woods please....Lord, help me keep my eyes ever vigilant, Lord, protect me from the dumbass texters. Basically asking for travel mercies.

Nathan... I have an idea how you feel... rarely do I end a day of work without wondering what I did with the last 8 hours, or without wishing I had them back, so I hear you there. But, for me, I suppose the job is a means of sustaining the simple pleasures... a ride, a hike, a bit of guitar on the back porch. And of course, there's my wife. But do focus on what you have. That family is something a lot of people aspire to. Take heart, friend!

TC

if ya had a oil light on a 650 it would be on more than off I run a oil p/gauge on mine,hot at idle 1.5-2.5psi 3500rpm 7-9psi just think youll now at least getting to & from work will be better be thankful ya have a wife I did 2 kids on my own take care ride safe

Ball bearing crank= no oil gauge. The good news is the mowing will soon be done in Vermont the bad news? Snow shoveling and the end of motorcycle season isn't far off. Gonna put the windshield on the Shadow this week

I have a wife and son and an XS650. I work as little as humanly possible so I can spend the maximum amount of time with all three. Quit chasing the almighty doller, you'll never catch it. Whenever money starts getting tight, more magically appears. Today there is apperently not much work to do, so I'm gonna ride over to my buddys place and play motorcycle after lunch. Dont feel too alone out there man, were all in this together. Oh Im a truck driver by the way so as little as humanly possible means anything under 12 hours.

I feel for you Nathan. I believe in a balance between work and play, but lately it's been way too much work. I work full time, have a second job teaching a class at the local community college, plus two kids, my house that I'm trying to fix up to rent out and now my fience's house that I've just moved into to keep up. Getting married in three weeks. Dogs and cats to care for, yards to work on. My ex (divorced 7 years ago) just got diagnosed with cancer. The list goes on...
Yesterday I stared at my xs650s in the garage and thought about how nice it would be to jump on and run away from it all. But I know what's the RIGHT thing to do, go back inside and help my daughter work through her algebra.
Even the tough times pass too.

Hang in there Nathan. Take the day off if you can and just chill. These are the best days of the year. Fix a sandwich, take a walk in the woods relax then go back home.

Nathan I wonder if a 36 tooth rear sprocket would help when you are two up?
I get the feeling you don't ride balls to the wall so the lower gearing won't bother you.
The 36 came stock on Canadian models, maybe someone from the north could/would donate for the price of shipping. That way you could try it to see before purchasing one.
I have some 40's from the TX750 and could send one of those but it maybe too much luggin power.

Good luck with the blues. Souds like the post vacation feeling I get also.
They really ought to consider swapping the work days/off day pattern.
I could buck up and suffer 5 off to work 2.

Nathan! count your blessings and ride wrench repeat! If you and your family have your health, you have everything! Just wake up early and hit that door running and take pleasure in your work! I was a laborer with a college degree for many years! I guess i still am but a little skilled labor now...it's great! If you are not satisfied with the job front invest in yourself and take some community college, one night a week maybe...welding? machining? computer aided manufacturing? It changed my life! HANG IN THERE!

Back