FNG--> popping my xs650 cherry

TheButcher

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Derek. Thought id introduce myself to the forum. I recently picked up a complete running 650. Over the last couple nights i started taking it apart. I plan on ditching the swingarm for a rigid weld on kit. Ill be sure to post pictures as it progresses. Its not my first bike but it is my first Yamaha. I built a '65 Triumph a few years ago but reluctantly sold it shortly after finishing it. I ended up re locating and it couldn't come with. I also have a huge love for hot rods. I spent the last 3 years building a Model A coupe. Now that its on the road i have the itch to do something new. Attached are a couple pictures of the new bike project as well as the Triumph that's long gone and the coupe i just finished.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 181
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 170
  • PICT0958.jpg
    PICT0958.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0960.jpg
    PICT0960.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 179
  • coupee.jpg
    coupee.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 183
That's's a sweet looking coupe ya got there butcher. You should be able to bang out a chop no problem. I want an old rod for my next project. Welcome.

Hi Derek and welcome,
nice work on the '65 Triumph, you took the look right back to the original 1937 Speed Twin plus or minus a fork and fender or so.
Before you take a Sawzall to the XS650 frame, remember that the original XS650 did have rear suspension, eh?

Welcome aboard, sir. Good looking bike and car. I look forward to watching your build progress.
Have fun, and post lots of pictures! We love pictures!

Back