Fong bros "oh the humanity"

fongbros

XS650 Ignoramus
Reaction score
Earth - more specific would be Baltimore, Maryland
Fong Bros bikes - Seen one, You've seen them all. Well not yet, you still have to look at the pictures below to see another. However, because The Fong Bros have been known to cause such fits of RAGE, you may want to dust off that old copy of Oedipus and find some tips for what to do with your eyes after looking. In fact, you should practice up by staring at a full solar eclipse. Don't bother using that trick where you poke a pinhole in notebook paper either. If anyone recalls that scene in the movie where Kurt Russell played Elvis - the one where he was drunk and enraged and shot the tv screen, well that may be you and your computer. Once you feel ready, you may look. I recommend you just hit the page back button now and go read some other posts, especially if things like fat front tires irritate you. Well, then again, you may look and not care even a little. Maybe you'll even become happy. Life is complicated and so is looking at poorly lit cell phone pics.

Attachments

• droid pics 2 363.jpg
    droid pics 2 363.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 555
  • droid pics 2 364.jpg
    droid pics 2 364.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 521
  • droid pics 2 365.jpg
    droid pics 2 365.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 526
  • droid pics 2 370.jpg
    droid pics 2 370.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 474
  • droid pics 2 371.jpg
    droid pics 2 371.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 478
  • droid pics 2 354.jpg
    droid pics 2 354.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 440
This bike is rad. I got the pleasure of seeing it in person last weekend. Absolutely beautiful. I'll strive to make mine at least half this nice. I dig the all right hand controls. I forgot to ask where you got that little lever at and what it does..... and if you need 9 fingers to operate it....

Riddle me this, riddle me that, but it appears your clutch cable is headed towards the back?

Posted via Mobile

Ya, it's actuated by your left foot---Very rad---tim

Ohhh SNAP, another one.
Well done Dennis - me like...its photos like this that makes surfing the net at work sooo worth it..
You will have to reveal you supply of XS1 drums to the wider population - if anyone has one for a decent $$$ let me know (maybe just maybe).

Thanks all. "KUP" the little lever on the bars is a choke lever. It's a Triumph part found regularly on eBay. "HotDog" it was just a stroke of luck to have two of those hubs. I had one for years I was waiting to use and this one came from the owner of the bike. It was in terrible condition. He got it on eBay a while back for 200 US dollars. Lot's of sanding, polishing, new shoes and springs from Mikesxs and it's back to useable.

This is my favorite Fong creation, bar none. Posture, trim, color scheme... I'm a fan. The automotive-type shifter is a nice touch as well.

Cheers...

TC

What the hell fong the 4th rendition of the same bike!

Even though all of them are fuckin sick.

BUT C'MON GIVE ME SOMETHING WILD

Sharp bike any closer pics of the tank mounts? I am using a wassel tank with a offset filler on my build right now and trying to figure out how to mount it.

Thanks Nick

Sweet, and a few of us love big front tires! and a Hurst shifter! how cool is that!?

Last edited:
Get rid of that ugly plastic dipstick, put a cool ThermoDipStick in its place, and I think the bike will be finished.

Once you see one, your going to want to to put one in all of your XS650s, so I'll offer you a discount.

Back