Fork brace install

davem222

davem222
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just got my Gordon Scott front fork brace, and it is a beaut. I'm a bit puzzled on how to install the thing though. Gordon tried to explain it over email, but I don't seem to be able to picture it. He says removal of the from wheel is unnecessary. Apparently you put one fork through the loops and then turn and twist or something. Reminds me of a puzzle of sown kind. Does anyone have a video up of how to do this? If so let me know. Thanks :)
Dave

It really does work if you do it right. I don't have a video, however. On the other hand you can have your wheel off in about 15 minutes.

Do you still have the fender installed? If not, it should be easy. Lay the brace on its side. Put one of the horseshoe shaped sections between and then behind the forks and stand the entire piece upright. Loosening the axel nut, but not removing the wheel, should provide plenty of room to spread the forks just enough for it to drop in place. It may be possible without loosening the axel nut, but you will scrape the finish on the fork lowers, the brace, or both.

Back