Frame work.

dklassen

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Greetings all, first post here.

Got my motor and frame coming in a few weeks so I need to get started on the frame once it arrives. Nothing I can do myself so I'm looking for someone to do the chop. It's gonna have 4" stretch, 2" stretch to the backbone, 36 deg rake.

I'm looking at Wise Guys or G&L Choppers to do the work. Any thoughts?

Anyway, I have a specific look that I'm going for so I'm basing it off this bike. It's one of the nicest I've seen and perfectly proportioned.

673711053_gv3MU-M.jpg

hi,

what frame do you use? this one on your picture looks similar to tc bros weld-on hardtail.
and where are you located? I am from Chicago, IL and looking for guys with g&l or tc bros xs650 - stil hesitating...

First, Welcome! Second, I think Jurand is right. Pretty sure that's a TC Bro hardtail. That's what I used and it looks pretty good. I actually just finished getting everything together now it's just disassembly for paint.

Originally I thought it was a TCBros b/c of the axle plates. I was on my phone when I wrote my reply. Looking at the attachment of the hardtail to the backbone that sounds about right.

I'm not sure if you guys are still trying to figure out if it's a TC Bros hardtail, but it is definitely not a TC bros ass end. Wise Guys are more than capable of hardtailing a frame. Also TC bros hardtails have a distinct look because the lower rails don't bend up until they are fairly close to the axle plates.

That's a bummer. I really wanted him to do a frame for me the same as the other he built. Well, maybe I'll contact G&L and see what they can do for me. I'm open though.

Back