from capacitor & kick only --> to battery & e-start. Diagram review

seansberg

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I currently have my bike wired with the popular diagram with the PMA, Pamco, and sparx capacitor. Kick only. It fires up pretty easy, first or second kick, but I want to add the e-start back in. I have a battery on the way, so I'm trying to figure out how to wire it in my current setup.

Attached is my current diagram, and my attempt at how to add in the e-start. Looking for feedback if this is correct, or if I am missing something.

Can I just swap the capacitor for the battery and then splice in the the starter solenoid wiring in the the red? (Starter is still mounted on bike)

Attachments

• _CURRENT WIRING.jpg
    _CURRENT WIRING.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 178
  • _GOOD WIRING-withStarter.jpg
    _GOOD WIRING-withStarter.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 173
I currently have my bike wired with the popular diagram with the PMA, Pamco, and sparx capacitor. Kick only. It fires up pretty easy, first or second kick, but I want to add the e-start back in. I have a battery on the way, so I'm trying to figure out how to wire it in my current setup.

Attached is my current diagram, and my attempt at how to add in the e-start. Looking for feedback if this is correct, or if I am missing something.

Can I just swap the capacitor for the battery and then splice in the the starter solenoid wiring in the the red? (Starter is still mounted on bike)

Yes, that should work just fine. The 20 amp fuse should be moved to be as close as possible to the battery positive terminal, so that it protects the down stream wiring from short circuits.

You don't show the large cable from the battery positive going to the solenoid, but I assume you are doing that.

Back