From Russia with love ... )) one more newbie

mask

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! )
I'm Maks(aka Mask). Bought one '76 xs650 this winter. It's one year older then me!! .. damn! )
It's parked in Moscow, Russia.
Now trying to build some kind of a brat style ratty bobber ;) ratty - only for this season... 'cause haven't much time to glossy it, season is close (we have only 5 -6 rideable month an year) next winter - next level of bike job.

Some photos U can find in my blog

Yesterday I've ordered hell of the tons of stuff from MikesXS, visualimpact and licks cycles
hope I'll get it in April and maybe May will see me riding )

one thing I can tell you about xs650 in Russia - it's @#@#ing expensive - I bought it for around $4k in lightly crashed(!) condition.

So .. if any questions about ... whatever ... U R welcome.

P.S. beg your pardon for my poor English )

IMG_3655.jpg

Hey, first Russian member that I remember... Good to see you. Anxious to see some Russian style. I have some Russian friends now living in Luxembourg.

Hi Mask!

Welcome! Best of luck with your XS project, and don't worry----I guarantee you that your English is WAY better than anyone here trying to speak Russian!

It's neat that the XS fraternity/sorority is world-wide!

Again, welcome!

Guys, thanks to all of you. I'll start new thread of project as I get all parts I need in my garage.

retiredgentleman < I'm sure I will.

hooktool < I'll do. Just need that package from Mikes... )

xjwmx < I don't think I"ll make something extraordinary from standart parts ) maybe just put some SAMOVAR as gas tank )

Barb < I hope I will get more experience in my English through that project. ) About fraternity/sorority ... unfortunately xs650 in Russia is very rare bike either like others older than 90th ... I know only one guy in Russia who owns xs650 (lucky me - hi is from Moscow and is kustomizer.. hope he will help me somehow))

GoldToothGarage < Russia is patiently waiting for your XSs ))

Thanks again. Stay tuned.

Yep. 23K or 26K miles on odo. Don't remeber.

It was bought in NY for 1500 + customs taxes + shipping + HUGE %% for reseller. (

I've heard of guys who fill big shipping crates with old desirable bikes and send the crate to where they're rare....

Welcome to the forum..I`m shure you will be the envy of many bikers there in Russia.
Good luck with your build.

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place. I've gotten alot of help here with my 73 TX restoration. Soon you'll be kicking some Ural Butt!!:thumbsup:

Back