Wanted - Front brake rotor

I have this one.
20130811_082231.jpg

Shoot, not sure on the size. I just did a quick search and couldn't find anything. All i know is the 72-76 is supposed to be interchangeable. Do you guys know what year those came off of?

Not sure on what year that one came off of. I know my 80 special 2 is the bigger one as well. Not sure what years ran the smaller front rotor.

72 is a one year rotor, no bolt holes. 73-76 have 6 bolts and are two piece with an aluminum center that the rotor bolts too. The one pictured above looks like a 77 and later rotor. The offset is different so they are not a direct fit.
Front XS650 rotors are 320mm Rear rotors and XS750 front rotors are 280mm

I should have a good "correct" rotor for you. How about $40 to your door?

72 is a one year rotor, no bolt holes. 73-76 have 6 bolts and are two piece with an aluminum center that the rotor bolts too. The one pictured above looks like a 77 and later rotor. The offset is different so they are not a direct fit.
Front XS650 rotors are 320mm Rear rotors and XS750 front rotors are 280mm

I should have a good "correct" rotor for you. How about $40 to your door?

Apparently there is a diameter difference depending on whether you have single disc brake or dual. My 78 XS650 had the 11 3/4 and my 78 XS750 has the same stuff, fully interchangeable but with duals, and the discs are smaller. Same offsets and everything, but the sliders will only take one or the other, whichever the sliders came with because of caliper mounting location.

Last edited:
weaselbeak; I will respectfully suggest that someone may have put an XS750 front end onto your 650. (requires a stem swap) A fairly common "upgrade" for the XS650. The North American XS650 never came with dual front disks. As far as I have seen the Euro and Oceania versions that had twin disks also had the larger 320mm front rotors on them. Like you say the XS650 fork has the rotors spaced for that disk on both the left and right legs. The parts numbers are available on several websites if you want to research it....

I put the duals on. The sliders and discs and calipers and lines all went directly over from a 750 triple, no mods necessary. I did have to come up with one extended hose because of my handlebars.

Sorry guys. Been traveling this weekend but thanks for all the replies! Ggggary $40 shipped sounds good to me. What's your PayPal. Also if you have some pictures that'd be great too.
Thanks guys!

Here's the pics. This rotor must have been on a bike with leaky fork seals. (how rare is that?) I hit lightly with a DA sander and degreased it a bit.

brakes 003.jpg

brakes 004.jpg

PM sent.

Back