Front Leg Studs

gggGary, I like it! Next time I have to take the wheel off for any reason the home made studs will go in. I even have the bolts set aside, ready to go.

Locktite. Red or Blue?

gggGary, I like it! Next time I have to take the wheel off for any reason the home made studs will go in. I even have the bolts set aside, ready to go.

Locktite. Red or Blue?
good question. Red if you got it. These shouldn't have to come out...........:wink2:

If you have access to a welder, weld a nut to the stud. Makes removal a breeze.
A way of doing it without a welder is two nuts -- but -- use a vice grip on both nuts at the same time and neither nut will turn. The threads are out of sync somehow that way. Two nuts tightened against each other is more likely to turn.

So, you just know its going to happen if it can - lost concentration on front leg reinstall and got some nasty scratches on the aluminum. Any brilliant ideas on how to deal with them. I don't have a back-up leg. What a frickin idiot - they were cherry.

Advice?

Attachments

• Scratch.jpg
    Scratch.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 107
Mothers and very fine steel wool. Works great for cleaning up fork legs. Just happen to have a pic of the left and right.
Your deep scratches are going to require sanding with different grits until the scratches are out.
See that one scratch in my polished leg, it was a lot deeper before I worked on it.

I suffer from L.A.Z.Y. syndrome which why that scratch is still in there. There is no cure.

P1010009.JPG

Contour sanding/shaping seems to be something that is inherent in some people and then not even possible by some people. You could start with a file, then sandpaper, then finer sandpaper, then polish or different grits of polish. What you don't want to do is make flat spots with a file, sanding block or sandpaper. Just follow the contour to blend the area into the surrounding area.

Scott

Back