Front wheel spacer

metalartist111

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometime during my build, or the bike might not have even had it on there when I got it, I lost my front wheel spacer. I have a '73 xs650 and I can't seem to locate one that I can buy. I've looked on mikes xs, ebay and a general google search, but have found nothing. Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Part #22 or 24?

Attachments

• 73 TX wheel.jpg
    73 TX wheel.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 73 wheel parts list.jpg
    73 wheel parts list.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 240
It is neither of those. It is the brass spacer that is on the caliper side that goes between the fork and the hub. It is approximately 19mm wide, and about 25 mm deep; the axle pin would slide through it.

They are probably different from year to year, like a lot of other parts, but It probably IS this part, James. It also holds the seal in.

Can't seem to find it for sale, anywhere.:banghead:

I do not have the double nut, with the square washer, setup. Everything seems to be in order, except the space that goes against the seal at the hub.

Your wheel is in a grey area time-wise. Yamaha was making some changes about then. The '72 disc attached to the carrier and the carrier fit into slots on the hub. Sometime in '73, they started bolting the carrier to the hub. Sounds like you have the later style and I'm sure the spacers and dust cover differ for the two.

You probably need parts 40 and 41 from the inset drawing here .....

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1973/TX650/FRONT WHEEL (XS2) TX650/parts.html

The dust cover (41) appears to be still available but not the spacer (40). Although listed as separate parts, these two usually come together and appear as one, with the tin dust cover pressed onto the spacer.

The newer wheel would the inset for the schematic I posted.
First pic is a screen shot of the wheel.
2nd pic is a screenshot of the parts list. Notice #40 is obsolete.
But if you go to http://www.benefiscal.co.uk there is a good cross reference of models and parts that were subbed to.
In this case part #90387-17433-00 subs to part #341-25183-00.
Pic # 3 is a screen shot of the models part#341-25183-00 was used on.
While I have had some luck in substituting parts like this it doesn't ALWAYS work out.

Attachments

• 73 wheel.jpg
    73 wheel.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 73 front wheel.jpg
    73 front wheel.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 73 part number cross reference.jpg
    73 part number cross reference.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
I'll have to take a picture of the setup I have, as of now. I won't be at my shop until tomorrow evening, so I'll post it after that. Maybe that could help clarify what I need?

Thanks!

If you look at the last pic. You can find the part number. Click on the number and it goes to that specific list. Click the camera icon and you get a pic of that part.
So yes it is a pic of part number 341-25183-00 which should sub for your missing part.

Back