Fuel lines configuration etc

brady

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I pulled the fuel lines and not 100% on how they were or what sizes to use.

I have a mixture of 1/2'' and 1/4'' tube. im going to be using a single sided petcock with stock twin mikunis.

Can i use a gravity fed petcock, with 1/4'' coming it, going into T splitter and running 2 more 1/4' lines... one to each carb?
Then just put a crank breather filter on the 1/2'' tube ... completely seperate from the fuel lines?

If you have BS38s, use a single gravity petcock to one of the carbs, and block off the other carb's fuel inlet. The carbs' fuel supply is already linked with a cross-over tube.
If you have BS34s, they already have a tee. Either way, use 1/4" line.

If you are talking about the engine crank case breather, put a hose on it that goes to a MikesXS reed valve or a power brake booster valve -- do a forum search.

If you have BS38s, use a single gravity petcock to one of the carbs, and block off the other carb's fuel inlet. The carbs' fuel supply is already linked with a cross-over tube.
If you have BS34s, they already have a tee. Either way, use 1/4" line.

If you are talking about the engine crank case breather, put a hose on it that goes to a MikesXS reed valve or a power brake booster valve -- do a forum search.

Is this true for all cases on the BS38? Cause I am running on 1 cylinder that the fuel is connected to, The inlet that is capped off is on the same side of the cylinder that is not firing or running cold,

I've hooked it up a homemade manometer and they are pretty much in sync, its just that one cylinder isnt get fuel or getting hot cause I am able to put my hand on the exhaust on that cylinder but not on the other one, I've also checked both plugs and caps and they fire cause i switched both sides of them.

So do you think it could be a fuel delivery problem? Or a clogged jet or something?

So pretty much my carb is as you described but I am running one cylinder, and I feel like the fuel delivery might be the problem?

Any input?

If the dead cylinder comes alive when you open up the throttle, then you probably have a clogged pilot jet. If not, then you might have a float valve that is stuck closed.

Unscrew the float bowl drain on the cold side, then open the petcock, what happens?
Hint; cut a quart oil bottle to make a catch pan that will fit under the carb.

catch pan 001.JPG

A white bottle is nice so you can see the crap in the gas.

Usual suspects; crap in the gas, from tank, old fuel lines.

Does that side have good spark, is the spark plug wet or dry, what year are the carbs?

Just figured out that is was the jet inside the bowl, that thing was seized dont know which jet is it called? It had a 135 stamped on it

Back