Fuel Tank, Opinions

quickj

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found an old Gilera basket case at a Garage sale for $100.00 so I bought it. Mostly just the frame, tank, tins, forks, headlight, etc. Looks like this bike maybe (Pic 1).

I like the shape of the tank, and I think it fits the XS frame pretty well, Tunnel is wide enough to fit over the top motor mount. The coils would still fit in their original location, the front mount on the tank exactly lines up with an existing hole in the front gusset. Back mount lines up halfway up the frame tubing right at the curve down so it would be easy to add a couple of threaded bungs for the back mount, etc.

What do you guys think? I don't think you will see many XS's with this tank. I am going more for a Brat, but I think the shape of this tank might be more street tracker since it has the curve in for your knees etc. I am not really commited to brat style. I really like the idea of a tracker with 2 19" mag wheels like Pregrids.

I am also thinking of using the headlight from the Gilera with its little built in backwards
speedo, and the key switch and blue dot high beam indicator.

Attachments

• Gilera_1959_Giubileo_98_Jalo.jpg
    Gilera_1959_Giubileo_98_Jalo.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 84
nice find. Hope the frame is strong enuf for our 650's.
You could also make stand off for the back of the tank.

Back