For Sale - Fully restored show winner XS for sale

vr6freak

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I have one of the most mint 1972 XS650s in the US for sale. . Completely restored , every nut and bolt! New paint , full engine rebuild , polished , balanced , only 187 miles on the bike. (was very nice before restoration! clean original title bike.
So , this bike sold for $4200 and was paid right away but the fella had some medical issues then a close fam member pass then he moved across country and he was nice and at first I told him no rush on shipping but many months have now gone by and He is mia and no reply still .. I have since moved out of AZ and My ex needs it out of her garage. Im going to paypal the guy his money back if someone wants to pick up the bike in Tucson for $4k or I can have it delivered to SoCal. It wont first place in Jap class in a pretty big show last year and I dont think I have seen a nicer example and Im very involved in the bike world.
Ill have pics up asap

Travis 520-661-3459 sorry about the shitty pic of a pic. paint is beautiful.. you see a much better pic on my instagrahm - datwagon

12802984_10153729409132034_1173546436183143747_n.jpg

Nice job, if I wasn't east coast I'd probably step up. I'm sure there's that much into the resto at least.

Hi vr6freak,
That really is a nice bike, but from what you post, it ain't yours to sell until you contact the purchaser to see if he wants his money back or wants to get his bike delivered.

Mechanic's lien and it's his.

Hi weaselbeak,
my take on a mechanic's lien is that all he's entitled to is an honest storage fee.
The bike wouldn't be sellable until after the storage fees added up to more than the money he'd been paid for the bike.
I wouldn't touch that deal with a ten foot stick.

May vary from country to country............. but i Think a Mechanics lien is........... if after a reasonable time and with no reply's from the owner, Have to make an effort to contact and usually more than once, then the vehicle can be sold and the owed amount and any storage fees can be subtracted from the amount the vehicle sold for.

Any money above, the amount owed and storage fees, has to be kept for an amount of time, again attempted contact has to be made to state the situation, after a time the money can be considered to be yours.

There is a process that has to be rigorously adhered to.

This case would come under a different scenario than a Mechanics lien.

If you have the buyer’s new address, then your best bet might be to send a registered letter to the buyer.

There is quite a range of possibilities.
One is that the buyer is having medical problems & is not responding to emails.
The registered letter might bypass that and be opened by a family member.

If you have the buyer's new address, then your best bet might be to send a registered letter to the buyer.

There is quite a range of possibilities.
One is that the buyer is having medical problems & is not responding to emails.
The registered letter might bypass that and be opened by a family member.

Yessir. . Thats exactly what happened. . I got a reply from the guys wife and apparently he has had some medical problems (hes 72 ) and the wife said he bought 6 bikes off ebay last year and he hasn't riden any of them. :shrug:. She was very happy that I offered a full return on there paypal. . Ill Be back in Tucson in a couple weeks for a few days if anyone wants to check it out.

Back