Funk Motorsports

DLD1

Mechanical Stuff Nut
Reaction score
Any of you guys out there do business with Funk Motorsports? They have great prices on Vesrah gaskets sets for XS650s, Uni filters, Emgo breather filters, and Emgo universal mufflers. Just wanted to know about good/bad experiences with them before I make a purchase.

Thanks,

DLD1

Just tried to go to their web page and my anti-virus software blocked it from opening because of a Trojan horse. Who knows?

I've had that happen before, but not recently. I did call there once and ask a question. The guy I talked to seemed nice enough, and was quite helpful. I'm just a little nervous buying from an unknown source.

DLD1

Well... idk about that particular compamy, but those names, athena, emgo, and uni, are pretty cheap, as in cheap knockoffs. I run emgo pods on my 34's, but they needed to be modified, and I cant imagin the chrome on the any emgo cheap mufflers would hold for very long, athena gaskets, well... mikesxs sells a complete kit for the xs, and its pretty cheap, havent had any problems yet, but, just read somewhere the head gaskets are a bit crummy. vesrahs are better. As for the uni's, better than emgo's, usually a universal filter. I usually see them on dirt bikes.
If a website is headlinning these cheap replacement parts, ide be weary, but thats me. Like I said, Ive used those brands before, but they are very cheaply made. I would not buy something as important and obvious as something like mufflers for fear they might be rusty from the factory. But as a filter, sure. better than nothing.

Angus,

They sell the Vesrah gasket sets, like Michael Morse, not the Athenas. Also the Unis are going to be pretty much the same everywhere. As far as I can tell, Mikes XS, 650 Central and others sell the Emgo crankase breathers as well. I wasn't that concerned about the products as much as looking for people who had actual experience with this company.

DLD1

Back