G&L

Hey guys, this is my first post and I'm trying to pick up a set of forward controls for my build from g&l. Is this company even still around? I google map the address and the building has a "for lease" sign on it.

I have been speaking with Richard all week this week. I left him a message when I called him, and he called me back right away. We played phone tag for a couple of days, and then we actually spoke. He is busy, but he is certainly there. Try giving him a call instead of sending an email. Sometimes the old fashioned method of a phone call is all that is needed!

Hey everyone, just an update (incase anyone is still following this). I got a hold of G&L roughly a month ago and asked about my tail. They looked into it, and I guess it was shipped back in April/May (a few weeks after I ordered it), but the packaging label was damaged in transit and it was sent back to the garage and not to me. After talking with G&L, I decided I would ship them my frame so they could weld on the hardtail (I don't have the proper tools/skills to do it myself and want to have confidence in at least my frame). Richard has been really helpful tracking down my order and returning my messages. Also, if anyone is calling to get a hold of the garage, they told me to be sure to leave a voice mail if/when I call.

There pipes have been unavailable for a while :shrug: ah good ol customer service, nothin like it :thumbsup: I don't get it? All these threads I read about shops "not returning emails" and "has my money but won't respond"? I'm only one guy and anyone who has done biz with me can testify I get back to them in a very timely maner. I may have to work 12hr + days to do it but if thats what it takes so be it or get out of the biz. Can you tell by this rant I HATE bad customer service! It does'nt matter how good someone is at building something if you can't communicate with them, building is only part of the job. There are shitloads of great welders out there but customer service seems to be rare :wtf: I've built and sold 300+ exhaust systems! And I'm nobody! Why so many sales? Good customer service thats why. I must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something because it's very rare for me to go on a rant like this. Being a "small shop" is no exuse for bad service no mater how good your product is. There are plenty of guys ready to replace your ass when your phone stops ringing and email box is empty because your poor service reputaion has finaly cought up with you. Sorry to sound so harsh to my fellow compadre's but everything I said here is true!, You know it, I know it and worse of all the customer knows it :banghead: Now you will have to excuse me I'm off to build a frame jig :laugh: P.S. There is nothing personal about this rant at all, I know some of these guys are good people, nice guys etc... This is about customer service, nothing else. And please no one respond to this tirade unless you are one of "those" shops defending your business, no need to fuel the fire.

RIGHT ON!!!....I am in biz too, it is hard enough to make it doing everything right....let alone having suck ass service!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, just an update (incase anyone is still following this). I got a hold of G&L roughly a month ago and asked about my tail. They looked into it, and I guess it was shipped back in April/May (a few weeks after I ordered it), but the packaging label was damaged in transit and it was sent back to the garage and not to me. After talking with G&L, I decided I would ship them my frame so they could weld on the hardtail (I don't have the proper tools/skills to do it myself and want to have confidence in at least my frame). Richard has been really helpful tracking down my order and returning my messages. Also, if anyone is calling to get a hold of the garage, they told me to be sure to leave a voice mail if/when I call.

they received it back, and made no attempt to find out who/where it belonged???.....:wtf: skeptical!!

After reading these posts it seems like whats needed is some good old competition in this frame building business. Maybe there is some more top notch welders out there who will start building frames and establishing a reputation. Slower business has a way of making people step it up a notch and addressing that customer service problem if they hope to stay afloat. I'm sure in these types of small one or two man operations its hard answering the phone all day and trying to concentrate on building something. It seems like G&L and Ardcore were posting pics of new builds fairly often at first as I used to visit their websites. Now it seems they rarely post a pic.
jefft

Last edited:
they received it back, and made no attempt to find out who/where it belonged???.....:wtf: skeptical!!

I don't know exactly where it was sent back to. They told me it was sent to their 'terminal'....not exactly sure where that is. Jefft, I do agree some competition would add some pressure for them to step up their service, but at the same time, I did my research and knew what I wanted, and knew the time expectations for a G&L product turn around..but maybe I don't mind the delay as much because I am too busy with other stuff at the moment to focus on the frame..

Back