Gas out the exhaust

mechanicScott

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
1977 xs650

I have been having a few problems with my bike and am trying to figure it out.

Last time I rode the bike it was really down on power and when I parked it, I noticed fuel was coming out of the right side exhaust.

I then pulled out the plugs and found that the right plug was very wet and clean while the left was brown/ black.

I have a pamco, mikes xs coils, and hugh's 277 rephase crank/ cam... How can I test the coil/ plug cap?

Or what else could be the problem?

The bike ran great for about 500 miles (it's a complete custom just finished building in January)

1977 xs650

I have been having a few problems with my bike and am trying to figure it out.

Last time I rode the bike it was really down on power and when I parked it, I noticed fuel was coming out of the right side exhaust.

I then pulled out the plugs and found that the right plug was very wet and clean while the left was brown/ black.

I have a pamco, mikes xs coils, and hugh's 277 rephase crank/ cam... How can I test the coil/ plug cap?

Or what else could be the problem?

The bike ran great for about 500 miles (it's a complete custom just finished building in January)

I'd say the problem lies within the right side carb, float levels, float valve seat, etc.. Have they been taken apart and inspected lately?

Just rebuilt the top end, new valve guide seals, brand new carbs from 650 central...

I'm thinking it is coil/ spark plug related because it did the same thing with my old single carb and intake.

Not sure why gas would come out unless the plug isn't igniting it.. But it will run, so I'm confused...

Back