Gas tank rust removal the drunken way UPDATE

Poverty

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I was working on wiring my headlight when some buddys came over with the devils juice ... i conned one of them into walking around shaking my gas tank with a bunch of fish tank gravel and some other misc junk ... anyways .. that shit did not last long .. and this is what came from it ... i thought it was great .. figured Id give you a peek ..

ill be selling these soon !! lmfao :laughing:

the sound / music .. some how unintentionally went along with the movement of the contraption

UPDATE NEW REVISE LINK AND DESIGN

So I was working on wiring my headlight when some buddys came over with the devils juice ... i conned one of them into walking around shaking my gas tank with a bunch of fish tank gravel and some other misc junk ... anyways .. that shit did not last long .. and this is what came from it ... i thought it was great .. figured Id give you a peek ..

ill be selling these soon !! lmfao :laughing:

the sound / music .. some how unintentionally went along with the movement of the contraption

Arghhh... that's a minute of my life I'm not gonna get back. :banghead:
-=PO

Well Okay but chain is my go to for tank shaking it is unclear what the drive was in the video.

That kind of stuff is always funny as hell when boozed up. Next day... maybe not so much. I have a friend who plays Scrabble Ebonics Version (look it up!) and he says the best part is you leave the tiles set up, then the next day come back and look at the words and try to make sense of it. :laugh:

That beats roaming around the garage with an 8 pound maraca! I'll spend an hour banging my head against the wall figuring out how to get around 20 minutes of manual labor sometimes!

Arghhh... that's a minute of my life I'm not gonna get back. :banghead:
-=PO

haters-gonna-hate-gay-batman.jpg

the drive was a old civic windsheild washer motor I was tired of re listing on ebay .. 2 speeds slow (which works awesome.. and not as slow .. which sucks

you could use a chain if you want .. its the fact that you dont have to use it by hand thats so epic

it honestly works surprisingly well needs a rebuild on design but soooo fkn funny ..

I'm restoring a 74 Elsinore and had the same problem. I strapped my tank in a concrete mixer with gravel in it..

I had a '75 Elsinore 125, IIRC that was the first year for the red stripe on the tank (earlier bikes had green stripes). Typical 1970's piston port 2 stroke pre-reed valve, 21 HP at something like 7500 RPM, below 5 grand the fire might as well have been out. Man, I wish I still had it...

BAD ASS! Was alcohol involved this time? Sure looks like less, if so, or better stuff!
You could rent that bitch out! Nice McGyver kit.

BAD ASS! Was alcohol involved this time? Sure looks like less, if so, or better stuff!
You could rent that bitch out! Nice McGyver kit.

Completely sober this go around (and alone) Hahaha

Ive ran if for a hour and a half straight .. it works flawlessly .. Has to be the best DIY tool Ive ever made .. think Im going to keep this for later projects.. seems I am always acquiring barn find tanks lol

Back